STS -1RM test rotation?

tricia

Cathlete
Hi Cathe,

I'm currently doing your December rotation, and I'm wondering if there is a way to work my 1RM tests into the mix? Have you addressed this before?

I'd love to get these finished before we get STS, but if not by working them into the current rotation maybe I'll just take one week and do all testing with some cardio thrown in.....If you or any of the educated crowd have worked out a good way to do this, please share!! (I know you're busy, busy, busy so I'm opening this up to everyone!)

TIA,

Tricia

1RM testing

Hi Cathe,

I'm currently doing your December rotation, and I'm wondering if there is a way to work my 1RM tests into the mix? Have you addressed this before?

I'd love to get these finished before we get STS, but if not by working them into the current rotation maybe I'll just take one week and do all testing with some cardio thrown in.....If you or any of the educated crowd have worked out a good way to do this, please share!! (I know you're busy, busy, busy so I'm opening this up to everyone!)

TIA,

Tricia

Hi Tricia!

Sure you can do these while on your rotation, especially this Dec. rotation since the workouts are shorter and with lighter weight. However, I would suggest doing the 1RM testing before you begin your actual day's workout so that you get a more accurate result. You don't want to be pre-fatigued when doing your 1RM testing (ie: not a good idea to test your shoulder exercises when you just worked your shoulders or have DOMS in your shoulder from a previous workout).

Try just doing three or four exercises of various body parts a day. Try to do opposing muscle groups so that your muscles are not pre-fatigued from the prior set. Put about 4 minutes rest between each test.

An example of three exercises prior to your workout for that day:

Monday:

Chest Press
Squats
Deadrow
Your day's workout

Tuesday:

Chest Fly
Deadlift
One Arm Row
Your day's workout

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.