strength vs endurance

slenamond

Cathlete
I think I know then answer but I want to be sure.
What is the difference between muscular strength and endurance.
Basically strength is how heavy you can lift and endurance is how long you can lift?
Would you please clarify? Thanks

Hi slenamond! You basically have the right idea. To develop strength, focus more on lifting a heavier weight for a shorter duration. To enhance muscular endurance, focus more on lifting a challenging weight, but not the heaviest you can handle, for a longer duration.

Cathe one more question:

Which one will give me a more cut look? My muscles don't show in my arms like I would like them to.

Thanks

Hi Slenamond! Again everyone responds differently. I get much more cut from heavy weight training, however, others will say it is endurance that brings it out for them. Try 8 weeks of each, and see. Then to keep your muscles guessing, you could do a combination of say Pure Strength Series(total three tapes) and Power Hour (one tape). There really is no exact answer. Good Luck!

Slenamond,
I am just going to agree with what Cathe has to say. Everyone is different. I have been lifting for 2 years 2-3 times a week depending on the rotation I am doing. In the past I have gone heavy, really heavy with no signs of popping muscles. I have just recently switched to using Cathe's powerhour tape and MIS and doing more edurance type workouts in the gym. Well, finally I am starting to see shoulder muscles and cuts in my arms. So experiment and figure which type of workout will work for you.

Hate to point this out--and it may not be YOUR problem, but feel compelled... Your muscles will not show so well if they are covered with too much fat. Jeanne

Hate to point this out--and it may not be YOUR problem, but feel compelled... Your muscles will not show so well if they are covered with too much fat. Jeanne

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.