Strange question about my nose :)

Luv2workout

Hi Cathe, This morning I did your chest PS tape, followed by the ab segment from the back PS tape. I really challenged myself with the weights and loved it. But during the abs, my nose was getting a bit numb. I don't know if that's really off-the-wall-unheard-of-strange or if it means something. It's happened before at the end of a workout when I've really pushed myself. I was breathing correctly and all. But could it be from inefficient oxygen. Have you heard of this before?

I'm not Cathe but someone once told me that since the body really needs the blood in other places when you work out, it reduces the blood flow to unnecessary body parts - ears and nose. I don't get numb, I get cold. My ears and nose are really cold when I've done a hard workout while the rest of me is dripping with sweat. Go figure!!

Marcia (who is currently under attack by a slobering, purring kitty)

Marcia's suggestions makes sense. I don't have a nose problem, but my ears - when I'm doing an intense cardio they plug up, the same feeling as with altitude changes on an airplane. It's bizarre and annoying. I regulate my breathing but usually I have to hold my nose and try to "pop" my ears. I'm sure I look ridiculous stepping away and trying to pop my ears - thank goodness for home workouts! If anyone has any suggstions for me I'd appreciate it!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.