straddle push-ups??

NY25

Cathlete
In the breakdown for Low Impact Circuit, Cathe indicates a move called a "straddle push-up." Anyone know what this is?

Its when you do a push-up on your toes, but your feet are apart in a small straddle. I believe thats what Cathe means. I think she did this in another one of her workouts. I think it was HSTA. Not sure though

HTH

Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you cry with your girlfriends.
-Laurie Kuslansky-

~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

hmmm - interesting - that usually makes push-ups easier due to the wider base of support (something rare for Cathe).

It's also called a Diamond push-up. It hits your triceps more than other areas. Your feet are spread in a straddle, with yours hands close together (Ideally, formind a diamond with your two hands).

They're tough, but great!

One usually straddles something (what you all are talking about are wide-stance push-ups). I think these are the type of push-ups that are also in High Step Circuit: you put your feet on the high step (set at about 8"), do a push-up, then remain in push-up position and straddle the step (one foot down on each side), perform a push-up, then put both feet back on the step, and so on.

>One usually straddles something (what you all are talking
>about are wide-stance push-ups). I think these are the type
>of push-ups that are also in High Step Circuit: you put your
>feet on the high step (set at about 8"), do a push-up, then
>remain in push-up position and straddle the step (one foot
>down on each side), perform a push-up, then put both feet back
>on the step, and so on.

That's what I was picturing Kathryn.

Catherine

http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/1.gif

Okay, now my turn to guess.

Is it where you sit on the floor (similiar to the floating genie move on Coremax) and straddle your feet in a "V" position. You then take both of your arms and place them in front of you but between your legs and then push-up off the ground?

Namita

Another version...

Staggered Pushups
Try a different version of your usual pushup by putting one hand on a phone book (or any other object) and the other on the floor. On your knees or toes (and with body straight) lower down into a pushup and push back up.

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid8692709
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie") http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/aktion/action-smiley-066.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

RE: Another version...

>Staggered Pushups
>Try a different version of your usual pushup by putting one
>hand on a phone book (or any other object) and the other on
>the floor. On your knees or toes (and with body straight)
>lower down into a pushup and push back up.
>

Cathe does staggered push-ups in HSTA ... only she uses the top portion of the high step instead of a phone book. It really gets your pectoralis firing.

:) Jenn

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.