step works modification

niki

Hi Cathe,

One question for you I have Step Works and I need a suggestion. There are two parts that are uncoordinated for me.

1. Power mombo move 2.grape vine over the step
I love the video other than that I prefer not to do the low version of the mombo is there anything that you can suggest to replace those two moves and keep my feet in the right place for the next move. I love doing the skip across the step but the grapevine on the step is just not in me. Any suggestions would be appreciated. P.S. I just received my new videos MICardio & Circuit Max what can I say every video just gets better and better. Thanks for your help!!!!!!!!

grapevine on the step modification

Hi Niki,
Hope you don't mind me giving you my suggestion, but instead of the grapevine on the step, I've been known to do a "step-knee-up, down tap"....if Cathe is doing grapevine off the LEFT side of the step, then step up with your right leg, left knee up, down tap to the left side of your step, and then you are all set for the next move over the step (can't remember what that is called at the moment!!).....I certainly can't explain it very well, but I hope this helps! I'm sure Cathe will give you a more legible alternative, but this is just my .02!! Good luck---
Debbie

grapevine

Debbie,

thank you for the advice I appreciate the info and I'll give it a try thanks again!!!!!!

Modification ideas

Niki, I don't have Step Works but I did borrow it from a friend once... and the new CTX All Step video has those grapevines. Another alternative for those would be to just do a grapevine on the floor, except if you would be starting by stepping up with the right foot, change it to a grapevine on the floor starting with the left foot and moving to the left. You could angle it a little bit if necessary.

For the power mambo, maybe you could do a step-knee instead? I'm not sure what comes after it, so I'm not positive you'd end up on the right foot, though. Hope this helps!
happy.gif

Lynne (who always has to modify SOMETHING in every video...
happy.gif
)

thanks for the advice!

I appreciate the tip. I don't have the new tapes yet. I recently found out about Cathe so I started with the oldies but goodies. I will give your suggestion a try.

thanks again!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Niki!

Instead of the power mambo, just do a side up. Thats simply a high impact version of a side step and its still a 4 count move. So if you were on the right lead, you would stand on the left side of your step and face front(just as you would for doing the power mambo)and put your right foot up onto the step(count 1) and lift your body upwards into a jump onto the step(count 2). Then step down with your left foot(count 3)and down tap with your right foot(count 4).

For the grapevine on the step(another 4 count move), simply do a step knee off the side. So if you are on the right lead and standing behind your step(just as you would be for the grapevine move), put your right foot on the step and in the center of the step(count one). Now lift your your entire body up onto the step while lifting your left knee(count 2). Put your left foot down on the left side of your step(count three). Down tap with your right foot(count 4).

Hope this helps! Enjoy your tapes.

merci cathe!!

Cathe,

Thank you for the modification tips. I'll try them tonight. I can't say enough good things about the tapes they keep the sweat rolling !!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.