Step ups...

SeasunZ

Hi Cathe!
I just had to tell you, I did those step ups (from Leaner Legs)in my class this morning and when I was all through, my legs were shakin'!!! They are killer. Then, on my way home from the gym, I could barely keep my foot on the gas pedal...they were still shaking!
We don't have those cool little 1/2 benches so I had to improvise. 10 risers-5 under each end-and 2 people shared a bench. One on either side. It actually worked out very well. Those members who were in class today are gonna be hating me tomorrow. I'll have to tell them, "Blame Cathe!!!"
Have a great day!
Seasun

THe firm has something called leg presses on a tall box...we put a leg on the tall box and sink down on the leg on the floor and then we step up on the box...my question is...will i get similar results without sinking down on the floor leg and just doing a regular step up the way they do it in cathe tapes or in magazines?

Hello,

i just read your posting and although i don't really have the answer i was wondering the same thing.. I get totally sore and burnt after doing those step down / ups on the firm tapes.. i did one workout of cathe's from discovery health channel where she did those on a step with a bunch of risers.. I don't have a step that tall so i used my 17" inch box of the firms.. i didn't get as sore.. not nearly! but she didn't step down with a bend as they do either.. anyway. i will be watching to find the answer as well.. i am a newcomer to cathe's videos and am looking forward to getting them so i can lose this weight .. 50lbs approx.. wish me luck..
best wishes

Kandeycane

I do both Cathe and Firm, and when I do step ups, I do them the Firm way. It just seems that the extra "dip" at the bottom of the movement helps engage the glutes more (making sure not to take the angle of the knee beyond 90-degrees).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.