Some Unfortunate News!

Cathe Friedrich

Administrator
Hi All! I can't even bring myself to type this dreaded announcement, however, here goes.....we have to postpone filming this weekend (BIG SIGH).

I had a bizarre, and I do mean bizarre, set back Friday night. I was sitting on my 6 inch step and simply swung my legs around to the other side when I felt a strange pull run up the inside of my knee and along the back of it. When I stood up this area started twitching and feeling like nerves were shooting all about which caused it to givve out on me when I put weight on it. At first I thought "don't panic", so I grabbed ice (live on the stuff these days) and Advil and propped it up immediately. It was tender the rest of the night but I figured it would be better by morning. Saturday was tender when using the steps at home but I still had hope "it" would go away. So I continued to ice all weekend and then today I spent the afternoon waiting to see a doctor at the orthopedics practice I go to since my doctor is out of the office until next week. This doc took a look and moved it around a bit. To his knowledge he doesn't see any obvious structural damage but said that I should stay off of it for now until my doctor can have a better look at it (I'm thinking "But Doc, YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND!!!!).

I was visibly frustrated and probed for more information than that. "What could have caused this?" "Does it not seem bizarre to you that such a subtle movement could bring about all this limping?" "Are we still dealing with the Plantaris here or is this something else entirely?" "How long do you think before I can return to normal exercise?" "Should I get another MRI?" etc. My list of questions went on. But instead of getting hard core information, he seemed to be dancing around my questions and reiterating "I think it is something you need to sit down and discuss with your doctor when he returns to the office". I was SO SO frustrated.

So that brings me to where I am now. While I don't have more information for you right now, I have looked into getting seen by someone in another practice to get a second opinion and hopefully find out something sooner. I agonized over having to cancel March 4th as our first film date but kept the 18th of March on the roster for right now hoping this will still be a date we can keep. No promises for now but I'm determined to remain hopeful.

You have all been so wonderful, and you can't imagine the pit I had in my stomach this weekend, knowing the breaking news that was most likely before me. I held out saying anything until after seeing the doctor just in case there was a chance he said that I'll be fine in a day or two. I KNOW you are all disappointed, so go ahead and let out that big scream (it made me feel a lot better when I did ). Gosh, we were sooooo close!

I know at this point in time the wait has been unacceptably long and even though I am doing the best I can to proceed, this injury is beyond my control. I want you to know that I am touched by all your letters, cards, and messages, and am working on a little thank you to show my appreciation to all of you who have stuck with me. You're the best!

I will share more news as soon as I receive it!

Cathe

oh our poor cathe :-( , i hope you get well soon. maybe it was too soon to jump back into things but hopefully YOUR doc will have more insight for you. best of luck cathe and get well.

kassia

When they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people will be
disappointed to discover they are not it -- Bernard Bailey

I am so sorry to hear that Cathe! Injuries are frustrating, but you are setting a good example for all of us by adhering to your doc's orders and resting. Don't take any chances!

I hope you heal quickly, but don't fret! Your workouts are so wonderful that ANY wait will be worth it!

Hang in there. My thoughts are with you.

:) :) :)

I'm so sorry to hear that. I know you must be very frustrated!! I hope you heal soon and i wish you all the patience that is needed to survive injuries;-) We love ya!!!

jes

Oh Cathe, I am truly sorry for what you are going through right now. I know you have to be so frustrated. It's so hard when you can't do what you want to do. I understand perfectly right now. I have a little something going on with my foot/ankle right now.

Big (((((((hugs))))))) coming your way. Take care of your injuries we can wait.

Dallas

Oh gosh, Cathe, this has to be so frustrating for you! You really need to heal, though...priorities!! :) Don't worry about us...I for one KNOW the workouts will be the usual high-quality workouts that you always deliver and can wait as long as it takes...actually, I've got so many workouts right now I'm having trouble fitting them all in anyway! lol Please take your time in healing (I know you will) and take care of yourself! :)

Oh Cathe, I'm so sorry this is happening to you! Like another poster said before me, your workouts are well worth the wait.
Take it easy and feel better soon :)

The most important thing is that you take care of yourself!! A new series of Cathe DVD's is worth the wait ~ and in the mean time I have so many other wonderful 'Cathe' workouts to keep me very challenged!

Please take care of your injury and good luck, I hope you get some good news from your second opinion.

~Tracy~

Cathe,

My heart goes out to you. Please don't feel bad about having to delay filming -this is completely out of your hands. You've been the greatest inspiration for me on my fitness journey and I wish you nothing but the best. Please take it easy and use this healing time to relax and pamper yourself and don't stress over the workouts. We'll be here waiting when you're ready, whenever that may be.

Hugs and Prayers,

Cathe, just take care of yourself. We'll live. Get better, and honor your body.

Darn the luck, I may just have to cook up a few more mish-moshes to keep the troops entertained in the interim.

A-Jock

Cathe, I am so sorry. I can hear the sadness AND frustration in your post! Good for you for taking doctor's orders. We will be here when you are all better. Take all the time you need to heal well. Your workouts are worth the wait NO MATTER how long! Prayers & HUGS!

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie") http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/aktion/action-smiley-066.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Cathe,

I'm so sorry for you. I do have a tear in my eye, hoping you will continue with your healing process. If it takes along time before the DVD's are finished, then so be it. The most important thing to remember is to be safe and don't worry about us for now. We have so many of your wonderful workouts.

As a business woman, you are likely to be worried about all the plans that are scheduled, but try to do your best to concentrate on getting better. It has to be difficult to think that way, and frustrating.

Hang in there,

Janie

Cathe, I'm sorry to hear about your setback. :-(

Thanks so much for the prompt update, and take your time healing. Workout DVDs are not nearly as important as your longterm health, and I really think that most of your customers understand that. Best wishes for a speedy recovery! :*
-Kate

Oh that must be so incredibly frustrating for you!! I'm praying that you get some answers and get healed up once and for all.

We all have your great workouts to live on in the meantime. Just get better!

Heidi

I'm so sorry for your misfortune. {{{{{HUGS}}}}} for you and please take every bit of time you need to mend. You remain in my prayers.

Michele:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.