SNM: Cathe.com unavailable

lilmo

Cathlete
Hi Cathe or Chris,

I can't seem to get to the main site www.cathe.com. I have the main page for the forums bookmarked and get here just fine, but I get the following message trying to access the site. Thought you might like to know.

The requested URL could not be retrieved

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://www.cathe.com/

The following error was encountered:

Unable to determine IP address from host name for unknown server name
This means that:
The cache was not able to resolve the hostname presented in the URL.
Check if the address is correct.

me too..i got to the forum thru my computers history..and when i attempt the links icon, i get stopped in my tracks with page unavailable

It should be working for most people now. We moved our club's website and Network Solutions mixed up the two accounts DNS.

You may want to try clearing your browsers cache...but you will probaly have to wait until your ISP updates their DNS. Most ISP's do this almost instantly nowdays, but some may take up to 24 hours or longer.

I'm having trouble too and could only get in this afternoon through shopcathe.com. I've never had trouble before but I will ask my hubby read this and check our computer when he gets home from work. I can get everywhere else that I normally go.
Angela

I couldn't get in to www.cathe.com yesterday (Monday) or today. I finally was able to 'sneak in' through a 'back door' by clicking on a link to a thread that was posted on VF.

It does seem like something is still amiss, though, as my posts take longer than usual to go through.

Try our IP Address 204.2.106.25

The forum really has nothing to do with the www.cathe.com server. The forum is on a totally different server and uses an IP address, not DNS. Those of you that are still having a problem probably have a cached version of the wrong DNS of the home page. You will need clean out your browsers cache and you may need to restart your computer. Others will simply need to wait until your ISP updates their DNS. You can always access our home page by pasting our main site’s IP address 204.2.106.25 in your browsers address bar and then hit enter.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.