Slow & Heavy - what about abs?

ChrisR

Hi! I'm new to your workouts, having been a "Firm workout" exerciser for many years. I've been looking at the "Slow & Heavy" series and IT LOOKS GREAT but I am puzzled that it doesn't seem to include ab work -?

So I'm wondering, if I get the "Slow & Heavy" dvd, would I need something else in addition to work my abs?

Thanks very much!

You'll....

...be glad to hear the series DOES include AB work. The chest & back tape includes plankwork (works the ABS very well) and the tricep and bicep tape includes AB work. Great series-It hits it ALL!!! Hope this helps!

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

lots of stablilization

Cathe has incorporated a lot of stabilization work into these workouts. This works the torso (including abs & lower back) when ones form is correct. So there's the overt ab & plank work as Debbie H pointed out & the covert stabilization work. I guarantee that you'll know that your abs have been hit hard by the time you get to the planks & supermans (Chest & Back) & the abs (Triceps & Biceps).

You are going to love Cathe's tapes. I have tried the Firm and many others and Cathe's are the best. I get the best work out with her and I never get bored with her tapes. She's the best!

Joanne

I just got the dvd and am enjoying it a lot (other than how wobbly and sore I feel ;-)

BUT - I also don't feel a need to criticize other types of workouts. The Firm has great workouts too - I've never gotten bored with them, and they've kept me in size 6 jeans though I am in my late 40s. I've always liked the results I've gotten from the Firm. And now I see that Anna Benson, away from the Firm, is debuting some new exercise videos in January.

So I'm grateful to have found Cathe's workouts - VERY glad they are on dvd - quite progressive.
I'm glad there's a lot of good stuff out there to choose from!

ChrisR,
I didn't see anyone criticizing other types of workouts.

new videos by anna benson?

Hi ChrisR,

Where can I find information on the new videos by Anna Benson?

Thanks

Carla

RE: new videos by anna benson?

Go to either www.annathena.com or www.fitprime.com.
They are doing pre-release orders for vhs now.
(However, now being spoiled by Cathe's dvd workouts, I'm going to wait to order them until Anna releases them on dvd. She says she'll start working on that after the vhs version is out.)
They sound like they'll be good workouts - a combination of weights, cardio and yoga.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.