Shrugs

bgm

Cathe,
Cathe in your new express series you are doing the shrugs using a heavier weight than in the PS series (and you say in the express series to go heavier you want).

My question is in the PS series you said you do not want to go very heavy doing shrugs because it will cause a bulking muscle, which is unattractive in a female. Does the position that you are doing the shurg in the express series alter this?

Thanks

Hi! I actually addressed this not too long ago and will post that answer. If you still have a question after reading it, please post again. Thanks.

..........Generally speaking, yes, continuous training of the trapezius with heavy weight can build up the trap area. As for Lean Legs, the reason that I said to go heavier is because we were just using very light weight(5 pounds or under)with the previous exercise(front raises). Also, these workouts are short duration and faster paced. They focus more on muscle endurance rather than maximum strength gains(which is more of the PS Series focus).

But in any case, the actual weight amount is not the critical issue here(since everyones genetics differ). It is HOW YOUR BODY RESPONDS TO YOUR SELECTED WEIGHT thats truly what is important. So in order to establish what weight you will need for these shrugs, first select a weight that challenges you but is not the absolute heaviest weight that you can handle. That will be your starting point. Now from there you need to monitor your progress. If over time you are pleased with your results in your trap/shoulder area, then keep up with what you have been doing. If you feel that you are starting to bulk in the trap area, then just cut back to a lighter weight during shrugs. Sorry to have sent mixed messages:-hmmm.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.