Several questions

B

bellis

1) I just started the Cross-Training Express Series, after having done the Pure Strength Series for the better part of a year. In the "Leaner Legs" X-Train video, what (if anything) replaces the inner/outer thigh leg lifts that are part of the PS: Legs and Abs?
2) When you say "perceived exertion rate" on your cardio segments, how do I measure that?
3) My workout program pre-XTrain Series was 4 days/week (Tues-PS: Chest etc., Thur-PS: Back, etc., Sat-StepWorks or jogging, Sun-PS: Lower body) My schedule only permits me 4 days workout each week. How should I use/intermix the X-Train Series to approximate/build on what I was doing before? And I do need a change.

XPress questions!

While the entire leg is being targeted in the Leaner Legs tape, nothing will completely target the inner thigh/outer thigh area as specifically as isolation exercises themselves. If you feel that you want to isolate these muscles more specifically, then just tack on that segment of the PS Legs tape. But first see if that is necessary before you create more work for yourself.

To measure your perceived exertion, when we do such a check you want to be breathing comfortably hard and still be able to carry on 2 to 5 word sentences. If your breathing is so labored that you are gasping for air, or on the other hand, breathing so lightly that you feel unchallenged by the workout, you need to modify the workout accordingly. Keep in mind that perceived exertion checks do not apply when doing the high intensity push phase during an interval workout.

Your last question is hard for me to answer without knowing your actual goals. You mention that you want to build upon what you were doing before. I notice that you only have one cardio workout listed. Do you want to build upon this or focus more on strength only. Also, how much time do you have to workout during your four workout days. Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.