Screaming arms during core stabilization!

J

Joanna

That's right, if they could talk, my shoulders and arms would say 'STOP NOW' when the core stabilization exercises begin! Do you think it is fatigue or lack of strength? I am able to do all of your new videos all the way through, but these core exercises are tough! My torso strength seems O.K. -any suggestions for the 'talking arms'
happy.gif
?

By the way, congrats on all the new videos. Simply put - they are AWESOME. And also by the way, I can do them successfully because I have been faithful to do your previous tapes for over a year now. People ask me all the time what I do, yet few seem willing to make the committment to a consistent workout program. I, for one, am glad I did!

Joanna

Me, too Joanna

I have the same problem. I feel like I'm not getting as much benefit as I should be from the core work because my arms, especially the shoulder area, are having a fit!!! Maybe we are experiencing the effects of working our arm muscles in an unfamiliar way and will eventually get through this stage with stronger arms as well as stronger core muscles! I have wondered, though, if this is normal, and I'm curious to see what Cathe has to say.

Angela

Hi Joanna!

A big help will be to take a longer break between the upper body weight segment and the core work. Fill up this extra two or three minutes with stretching to work out any lactic build up in your arms or upper body.

You will also eventually discover that you will build up the endurance and strength to hold your body in these positions for longer periods of time. The situation is sort of like the stiffness that you may have felt in your neck when you first started to do crunches for long periods of time. Eventually you got stronger and were able to endure it.

Go get'm!

Thanks Cathe!

Actually, when I did Circuit Max this a.m. I tried doing just the hold without the leg lifts and this helped a lot. I guess I just needed to hear to take it slow at first...even if I want to keep up with you from the start!

Joanna

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.