Road Trip Coordinators--A question about the Gym

There are 7 showers in the womens locker room and 7 in the mens. We do do have a towel service available at the club. Shower towel rentals are $2 and fitness towel rentals are $1.

Hi Susan!

I don't think that will be possible due to the tight schedule planned. The hotels are close to a half hour away from the gym. Keep in mind...we will ALL be glowing together! :7
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie")http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Everyone else may be glowing but I'll be stinking!! :p One way or another, I think I'll have to find a shower. How many shower does the men's locker room have? }(

Laura-same with me. There is enough of us we should be able to take it over with no problem.:D I believe there is 7 for the men too. I bet Shelley would want in if we decide to take on the task. Right Shelley?!:7

Oooh, count me in on the men's locker room raid! ;)

How come we are being charged for towels? It is not included in the $159 we're already paying? Guess I could bring a towel from the hotel... :)

Emily,

I am going to bring towels from the hotel too. I wonder what else we need to bring? I've bought a gym bag and a water bottle. I plan on bringing extra workout clothes and an outfit since we will not be able to get back to the hotel to shower and change.

Who else do you think will want in on the mens shower raid? I think we can do it!!}(

Sabrina, I'd volunteer but that might not be teaching my grandkids well. :p
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie")http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

I'll use the men's shower. No problem here at all. Unless there aren't any men in there. Then what's the point? :p

If anyone wants to take a quick trip back to the hotel-- I probably will do that. If the class ends at 10:30, I can get back by 11, shower/change and make it to lunch at 12. I just hate the idea of showering at the gym and bringing everything with me etc.. plus I think my friend is coming with me, and I'd go get her to bring her to lunch with us!

:)
Susan

I need to echo Emily's comment. We're paying $159.00 and we don't even get to use the towels??!! Don't get me wrong - working out with Cathe and crew is definitely worth every cent, but c'mon - at least a few towels.

I'm also bringing a few sweat rags (when my kids were younger they were burp rags - funny how they've evolved) for use during the workouts. But I will also need a shower. Is the thought that we do all 3 workouts (step, sculpt, kickbox) on Saturday before we get a shower? Sorry Lorrayne, I may have to rethink that transport back to the hotel. :) :eek:

I'd like to chime in here about the towels. I guess I just don't see it as that big of an issue. The money we've paid is for all of the wonderful things Cathe and crew are putting together for the weekend. I thought it was a good deal when I signed up and I still think it's a good deal. It never even occurred to me to not bring my own towel to the gym since we're going to need like 8 showers while we're there! (Okay, maybe that's just me.) :)

The towel service is really there as a courtesy. The laundry costs associated with providing them in a gym the size of Cathe's have got to be astronomical, so they charge a "convenience fee." There's no requirement to use their towels. I'm going to bring one from home and if I forget to pack it I'll bring one from the hotel and if I forget to do that, I'll pay $2 for the convenience of using one of theirs.

Just my two cents, FWIW.

Margaret

May I also add a comment regarding the shower and what previous road trippers did in the past. Several of us did a quick "rinse". We did this by using those handy towlettes or baby wipes. This actually worked out quite well.

Yes, some of us did take a quick 2 minute shower in the locker room as well. Lastly, some of us did take over the men's locker room as well and took advantage of their shower as well. }(

Hope this helps and provides some additional options.
Lorrayne

We have a small group of us that already planning on taking over the mens locker room.}( Hopefully our number will grow.;-)

Sabrina, I have no fear when it comes to seeing or being seen in the altogether. I am in the medical field, afterall. I have to say, I don't get embarrassed too easily so, yes I can easily use the men's locker room, & I suspect, my demeanor won't embarrass them too much either. I am so matter-of fact about these things. So for whatever that's worth, I am very flexible.

Marla

Alright - if I have to be "forced" to use the Guys showers, for the sake of humanity I will, I guess, be there for my other fellow female Catheites and graciously let them have my spot in the female showers!
This is ONLY because I'm such a nice person...hope DH doesn't read this :7

Sami

The more the merrier! I told my DH about us planning a takeover. He thought it was funny. I just told him there will be more of us than or them. I have to admit that I do get embarrassed though. I am the quiet shy type. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.