Question: designing a rotation

FiddleFit

Cathlete
Hi Cathe,

I just finished my second round of STS, as well as a HIIT cardio rotation. Due to the frequency and nature of the cardio I was doing, I did not do the STS leg workouts for Mesos 2 & 3. So, for my next trick, I'd like to do a rotation that focuses on the lower body and core/hips/glutes, while maintaining my STS upper body gains.

I was looking at some of you lower body rotations, and while I would love to do them, I have a problem in that I'm currently instructing 6 fitness classes each week. I would like to design my own rotation that will allow me to incorporate my classes, or at least, accommodate them, so I don't overtrain.

Can you give me some general guidelines for how to design a lower body rotation? For example, should I do specifically a lower body resistance workout 3 times a week? Should I do HIIT cardio, and some steady state? Should I put a resistance day right before a plyo cardio day? Or right after? How much floorwork should I do a week? How much general cardio? How often should I work the upper body, and in what rep range?

These are a lot of questions. Please don't feel like you have to answer them all. I'm just looking for general advice so I can put something together that will allow me to see some leaning/increased definition in the lower body and core, but won't lead to overtraining when combined with the classes I instruct.

My current teaching schedule is:
Weds: cardio & weights circuit class; strollerrobics class
Thurs: cycle class
Fri: muscle endurance class; strollerrobics class
Sat: deep water aqua class.

Thank you!! I sure wish I could come to Daytona! Auditioning for you would be a dream come true. I can't wait to see who ends up in your videos! And I sure hope s/he blogs about the whole process for us!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.