Question about Boot Camp

L

Lynda

I just did Boot Camp this morning. It's a tough workout, but I don't understand what it is meant to do for me. The weight work is too meager for either endurance or strength, and 8 minutes or so of discontinuous cardio, however intense, doesn't seem quite efficient to me either. The abs work seems effective, but also hurried. What don't I know that would help me understand what these blasts are for in terms of fitness?

Just bumping. I don't see the difference between endurance and stamina, runathon. I would like an answer from Cathe.

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jan-13-03 AT 05:00PM (Est)[/font][p]Hi Lynda! Boot Camp is designed to push your overall stamina (physical output from all dimensions).

Each cycle hits you hard in different ways. While focusing on Upper Body, Lower Body, Core, Cardio, you are challenged with different avenues such as weights, your body's own natural resisitance, equipment, plyometrics, fast speeds, slow speeds, etc. There is no pattern for you body to adapt to. Each exercise is completely different and provokes a new and unique response.

It is a perfect calorie burning, plateau breaking, jolt-your-metabolism workout. Enjoy:)

Thanks, Cathe! That helps me. I did it again this morning, and I am already improving on the "terminators" and those abs exercises, which are definitely new and having an impact.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.