pure strength rotations--cathe or anyone else

lawchick

i've been wanting to increase my strength and definition so i purchased the pure strength dvd recently. i can tell already that the slower movements, which allow me to go much heavier, are really what i need, but i need some advice about crafting the optimum rotation. for some reason, just doing each workout once a week makes me nervous because i feel like working each body part only once would not be enough (i could be totally wrong here). consequently, i was thinking about doing the following rotation, but i need to know if it looks like i would be overtraining.

mon.--ps chest, shoulders & triceps + lower-body section of MIS
tues.--cardio
wed.--ps back, biceps & abs + short cardio (cardio optional--i only do it if i feel up to it)
thurs.--cardio
fri.--strong legs & abs
sat.--cardio + upper-body section of MIS

i've been working out for over a year, mostly with the firm. last fall, i did the firm's 90-day rotation so i know i'm capable of putting in six hard workouts each week. also, i only intend to do this for about six weeks and then take it easy for a week or two.

anyway, i just wanted to know if this rotation looks okay and if anyone has any suggestions about how to tweak it. thanks.

Hi Lawchick! I always tell people that when it comes to working out and needing to know how much is too much, or on the flip side, what if it is not enough, that they should start out with the minimum and build from there. The minimum for cardio is 3 times per week. The minimum for weights is one to two total body workouts per week. Always give that combination three weeks and add on only if you feel that you are not seeing respectable results.

Now as for your posted rotation, if you have already done the above and are now at the point where you want/need to add more, then I think this otation looks great. You have factored in a complete day off, you have spaced your weight workouts so that the working muscles are receiving proper rest, and you have an ample amount of cardio! It is a smart rotation and I think you will do well with it. Good Luck!

hey, cathe

thanks for the reply. i guess i'll start in on this rotation soon. i love the personalized service at this site--of course, the workouts are really good, too!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.