PS & step rotation

niki

Dear Cathe,

Well ad me to the list of the converted. I LOOOVE!! your tapes. I really enjoy step workouts but I was bored with my routine. I heard about you on video fitness and I decided to give you a try. I ordered Powermax first and needless to say after doing that tape I ordered several more. Your combinations are fantastic!

The tapes I have are the following: Step Max, PowerMax, Step Jam, Step Heat, Step Fit, Body Max and PS triceps. My lower body is very muscular my upper body needs the most work. I would like to know what would be the best rotation for me based on the tapes I have. I usually do two cardio tapes a day one in the morning and one in the evening. Any suggestions would be appreciated. P.S. As it has been said MANY times before you are a faboulous instructor and I look forward to doing your tapes everyday.

Hi Niki!

Actually in order to give your upper body more of a challenge, I think you would benefit greatly by training your upper body with weights more specifically. You have Bodymax(for upper body) and PS Triceps but it sounds as if your body has gotten used to them and/or not enough of them.

Also, as far as cardio goes, you have plenty in that department and I wouldn't add anything there. Hi amounts of cardio can actually make it more difficult to gain lean muscle since you are buring off so many calories. So you may consider replacing your second cardio session with an upper body weight training session. If that doesn't appeal to you then you can do a shorter second cardio followed by an upper body weight session.

While you asked me to write a rotation based on the videos you already have I actually think you would get more out of using a couple of different tapes such as PS Back/Biceps/Abs, MIS, and especially the new Xpress series tapes. The reason I say the Xpress series tapes is because if you really don't want to give up your second cardio in the evening, the Xpress series has a shorter cardio and upper body weight segment ready to go. I'm honestly not trying to push my tapes on you but I truly think these are the answer to meet your goals: improve upper body definition and continue to burn fat.

But considering the tapes you do have, here is a rotation suggestion....

MONDAY: Powermax in morning. PS Chest/Shoulder/Tricep in evening.

TUESDAY: Step Heat in morning. Body Max(but LEAVING OUT the upper body portion of tape) in the evening.

WEDNESDAY: Step Fit in the morning. Body Max UPPER BODY PORTION ONLY in the evening.

THURSDAY: Step Jam in the morning. Powermax in the evening.

FRIDAY: rest day

SATURDAY: Step Max in the morning. Body Max UPPER BODY PORTION ONLY in the evening.

SUNDAY: 30 minutes of light cardio, your choice.

Enjoy!

thank you cathe!!

Hi Cathe!!

Just a quick note of thanks. I cannot stop singing your praises to everyone. The best thing I ever did was to find video fitness which led me to you. Your tapes are so much fun, you work up a great sweat and you most importantly do not get bored with them. The style you have is great not too chatty but just the right amount of encouragement.

The UPS man arrived today with some additional tapes that I had ordered so I can't wait to get home tonight to preview them.

Again, I think you are the best!!! Keep up the great work. You have a new Cathe devotee here!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.