The preliminary numbers are in!!!!

Cynthia8828

Cathlete
Hello Cathe:

I don't know if you recall my original post, but I was the one who was crying in her cornflakes because a PT tested my body fat and it was embarrassingly high. He told me I needed more strength training, and I ran a PS routine by you. I have been at it for 6 weeks now. During the course of the workouts, I really didn't start cleaning up my eating until about a week ago (sadly, it is my biggest downfall). I just LOVE food. Anyway, I took my measurements today, because I have completed 6 weeks as of yesterday, and I was pleasantly surprised.

The numbers so far are:

1 1/2 inches off hips
1 inch off waist
1/2 inch gain in arm
1/2 inch off thighs
Chest, fortunately, is still the same.

Biggest changes to me are:
I have achieved greater strength gains
I can do push-ups now
My heart rate zone stays much lower than ever before.
I LOVE pumping iron, where as before, I did it because I had to. (Although I always liked lifting weights more than cardio).

I really like this rotation. My only adjustment has been that instead of doing three lower body days every other week, I do two heavy with PS and one pretty light with the Firm. The three heavy PS in one week was too much.
I cannot wait for the slow and heavy series. I will probably incorporate those when I get them!!!

Thanks for letting me share my great news. I originally planned on staying on this rotation for a total of 16 weeks. Without putting the rotation here, it pretty much includes the following

10-15 miles of running each week
2 stretch/off days
3 upper body/2 lower body days one week alternated with
3 lower body/2 upper body days the following week.

3 45 minute cardio workouts (which I never do on a leg day because I am too tired). My cardio is generally pretty much spinning, step, and kickboxing. I love all three!!!

Anyway, that about sums it up. Sorry it is so long. Believe it or not, my actually question is if you think staying with it for 16 weeks is too much, and if I should change things, WHAT should I change and WHEN.

Thanks so much Cathe. I truly believe, for the first time in a year and a half, that I might actually achieve my goals and I truly have you to thank for that!!!!

God Bless,
Cynthia

Hi Cindy,

Just wanted to say "Great Job"!! It's alot of work, i'm right there with ya. I've been at this for several months. I've lost 42 pounds now and can't seem to loose more. BUT, I know I can do it because I'm new to Cathe's tapes and bought a bar bell today and plan on workin out hard.

The whole eating thing is so hard!! it's tuff to change eating habits. I've really cut back on bad food and quantity and still feel it's not enuf. My weight loss is sooooo slooooow.

Anyway, GREAT JOB!!

Kerri :)
<><

Hi Cynthia,

That is great news! I am sure you are pleased. So you only work out 5 days a week and are getting these results. Impressive. I work out 6 days a week and maybe I should give my body more recovery time. Ever since I posted to you on the Firm Forum I really increased my weight training and upped my poundage. As I said before it is hard for me to get into weights, but it is a kick to feel strong. After two weeks after doing the PS serious, my arms already look more cut. I am for sure going to keep it up especially seeing the progress you made. I think you will for sure meet your goal at 16 weeks. Congrats, you should be proud!
Take care!
Christine

Cynthia:
congrats on your noticeable changes!! I am curious: what upper body routines do you do? the PS chest, shoulders, triceps and back bi's and abs? I have been doing those and just am not seeing results. i know every one's body is different, but I just can't figure out why my arms are not looking "cut." One of my friends said I may be doing too many shoulder exercises!
I am with you on the food thing: i work out really hard, but love to eat, unfortunately. also what firm tapes for upper body do you do? Thanks.
Lynne

Sometimes

people tend to have an unrealistic image of what diet and exercise can do for them. Everyone's body is different -- and for some all the diet and exercise in the world won't change their body the way they would like. Chalk it up to genetics. People have different skeleton sizes and different proclivities in gaining muscle. For instance, I will never have a board flat stomach--I never have. But I've grown to like my little belly. It's a part of me. And short of silicone implants all the pec flies on the earth are never going to render me busty! But that's OK with me too!

So while we all should exercise for the health benefits and it is true that ANYONE who works out looks better than if they would if they did not work out, working out to look like a certain airbrushed stereotype contributes to a bad self image when one can't achieve their perceived "ultimate body". That's when they tend to either begin having an eating disorder or stop working out and just give up.

The older I become the more I am into working out for the health benefits -- increased energy and endurance,less risk of developing certain cancers, cardiovascular health, and less risk of developing diabetes.

I will never stop working out. However, I realize that working out to look like a Sports Illustrated model just isn't going to happen for me. Every day I thank God that I have my physical health and that I am wise enough to preserve it through regular exercise, not smoking, drinking, etc.

And for the record I have lost 30 pounds in the past year. The key to getting results was cleaning up my diet (no, I can't drink unlimited sugar laden sodas and eat french fries anymore)and coming off some medication that was notorious for causing weight gain.

Thanks everyone for your kind words of encouragement. It has been exciting. I am happy to know that I am not the only one who fights with this food thing.

Anyway, Lynn, to answer your question, I am doing strictly Cathe's PS series right now for weights, believe it or not. I know the tapes so well that I can set up for the next set right away. BUT, I think that the reason that a lot of people say that they don't see results with the PS series is that they aren't listening to what she says throughout the series...GO HEAVY!!! I am doing just that. I have, slowly but surely, increased and increased and increased my weights. I am now bench pressing 45 pounds. I know that doesn't sound like a lot to some of you, but to me, that is a good amount of weight for me. I keep track in a journal that I tape to the back of the video box each and every time I do the tape, and what weight I use for each exercise. For instance, I remember when I couldn't do a military press with more than three pounds. My shoulders were that weak. Now, I can do them with 10 pounds. Little by little, I see more and more definition. It is not overnight, but it is progress.
Listen to what Cathe says..."Don't be afraid to go heavy. They do nice things for you in the end."
Hope that helps,
Cynthia

Hi Cynthia,
I've had the same experience of going from light weight to heavier & heavier weight thanks to Cathe's training & inspiration.

I'm so glad you are enjoying success with your program. I like that journal taped to the box idea, so I'm going to steal it!

Keep up the good work!
Ruth

Hi everyone,
just wanted to add, that I too have been doing Cynthia's PS ROTATION, and am loving it. I think because I have been a cardio junkie all my life, that this is why I am seeing results with this particular rotation. I am also going **VERY** heavy. This may not work for some people, but I am haveing very good results going toward the cut look. I am planning on doing it for at least four more weeks. I just finished week four of the rotation. I have tweaked it in a few areas. When I told Cynthia we both kind of changed the same things. Anyway, try this you may be pleasently surprised what kind of results you can get!! Blessings, Lori ;-)
PS- Hello Cynthia, will write you ASAP!!

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jul-01-01 AT 11:19PM (Est)[/font][p]That's great Cynthia. I do still follow you and your progress. If I remember right . . . you started journaling and counting your calories. What an eye opener, huh?

I'm really glad that your seen the results that you have. You were pretty thin before. Are you becoming more defined?

It's good to see that you're having such great success.

Keta. :D

www.mykbt.net

Lori, when you say "**VERY**" heavy, what weights, exactly, are you using? also, when you go very heavy, do you still do the same number of reps as Cathe or do less b/c you're using heavier weights? Thanks, Lynne

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.