Old & New Workouts

I would love a rotation designed to incorporate all my old favorites (which are most of Cathe's work outs) and use them with the new series, XTrain, and Low Impact, Crossfire, and Too The Max. I love all the new ones, but have bene missing the old ones but do not really know how to incorporate them all together. I did Imax2 today, the first time in a long time, and had forgotten how fun it is (and also challenging). I do love the February rotation!

Brenda:

it's easy. Write up a list of all the cardio workouts you have by Cathe, all the strength workouts, all the endurance weights workouts and all the circuits. Distinguish between steady state cardio, HiiT and tabata.

Then, take the Feb rotation and start mixing it up. If a day calls for Chest, Back and Shoulders, you could do this from Xrain or the Gym Styles series, your choice. When it calls for Cardio leg blast, you could sub with Lower Body Blast if you wanted or do the power circuit workout from CTX plus the power circuit section of both Body Maxes. If the rotation calls for tabata, you could do an Imax, do HiiT from the STS cardio series, or All Out LOw IMpact HiiT from Xtrain, etc, etc.

If it calls for TTM or Crossfire, you could do Cardio Core Circuit, or any circuit workout with maybe a segment or two from Intensity to get the same degree of intensity for the cardiovascular system.

You get the picture.

Clare

Brenda,

I can't really add anything since Clare hit the nail on the head here. I just wanted to say that I am always mixing up Cathe's new/old. I can never just exclusively exercise to her newest releases (I love her oldies just too darn much!). With weight work, I tend to try and do the same ones for the duration of 1 month. This will enable me to track my progress and results for those specific w/o's. As for cardio, I'm kinda picky with those :eek: so in order for me to do them I have to change things up frequently or else I start dreading them. I like a challenge, but I need to have fun too! You get both with Imax2 :eek:.

Good luck :)

I have decided that since I love all my Cathe DVD's (except for maybe Cardio Core Circuit which almost killed me tonight still :p) I have a shelf that I lined them all up in groups from newest to oldest and I will pick one up off my pile and after complete I will put it on the bottom of my pile and move to the new stack the next day. This way I will not only rotate cardio and strength, but also new and old. Not a very scientific system, but I'll give it a try. LOL.

As systems go, it seems just fine to me!

I'm using the "what do I feel like today, oh, who just mentioned what DVD or premix on the forums that sounded interesting?" random approach myself!

Whatever works!!

Clare

I like the suggestion to combine them, i.e., put them on the same disk. Have a DVD devoted to Leg favorites, one for Chest/Back, etc. You get the picture.

Presently, I just swap the disks during a workout.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.