Is it okay to alternate the Pure Strength Series 6 days a week?

2fat2fit

I have the 3 tapes of the Pure Strength series as follows:
M back; T-Lower; W-chest; Th-lower; F-back; S-chest
Or do you have a better rotation; I walk M-F 30 mins for my aerobics. Any suggestion would be helpful, I got to get ready for ski season.

Hi! That rotation looks fine as far as weight training is concerned. If the results start to slow down, change the order around a bit, or do an entirely different weight training rotation.

As far as skiing is concerned, it all depends on what you have done in the past seasons. This information would help you to know where your strengths and weaknesses were in order to improve upon this years training.

If this is your first year skiing, I would suggest that in about three weeks you may want to increase your cardio intensity by going from a 30 minute walk to a 45 minute walk/run every other day (of your M-F cardio workouts). About a month before you hit the slopes, try to increase your cardio even more with some step workouts and uphill sprints sessions two to three times per week (plus one or two 30 minute brisk walk sessions in that same week). At this one month before point, you can also cut back your upper body tapes to just one time through per week, yet still do the lower body tape two times per week). If you ever feel exhausted or heavy legged, take two to three consecutive days off to rest, and then come back leaving out one high intensity cardio per week. Good Luck!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.