Need some help with my workouts please!

Hello, :)
Just wondered if anyone had some advice to help me fine tune my workout here. I have had some feed back from a few people, and I do appreciate it. However, as I get a little better at doing this, I am finding that I think I need a more thorough workout. Maybe not, so this is where I am asking for help.
I have Cathe's 4DS dvd, and that is what I am using. It is great! I tried doing this once before, but I could not stick with it. Somewhere along the line now is the right time. I am really enjoying my workouts. I can tell a difference between cathe and the ones I have done previously. I have been doing this for 3 1/2 weeks, and have only missed one day.
I have dance cardios that i do on the alternating days. I like those, they are fun to do, and they include a lot of core work, which I desparately need.
I for some reason think I need a longer weight section. I have been looking at muscle max, pyramid upper and lower, power hour, etc. I am not sure which would be the best.
While I risk showing some knowledge here, what is the difference between the sts series and the ones that Cathe has already had. I read and see that people are able to combine quite a few dvd's, and I am not sure which would benefit me more.
I want total body workouts, and I alternate them with my dance cardios. But I also have been to the point of I have done this dvd fifty five thousand times, what is next.
I would appreciate any information you could give me.
Thanks!

This isn't Cathe but I've been doing her workouts for about 4 years. You definitely need some variety. I believe there is a 15% discount right now on all workouts except for the presale for the new low impact workouts. You should take advantage of it and get some more of her weight training workouts. All of them are excellent. My personal preference would be pyramid. It is a very thorough workout for the upper and lower body. You can also order her dvds from totalfitnessdvds.com with coupon code 10OFF for a 10% discount and free shipping for orders over $19.00.

Also not Cathe, but one of my first Cathe weight videos was Pyramid UB&LB and I still use it quite frequently. (Keep in mind that PUB/PLB is really two separate workouts, one for upper and one for lower body, although I believe there is a premix combo on the dvd that combines chapters from both).

Another dvd I use at least once a week for lower body is B&G.

For upper body, I like Gym Styles Chest & Triceps. Back, Shoulders, and Biceps is ok but not quite as good. (PUB is perfect for overall upper.)

I’ve heard good things about Muscle Max & Power Hour and actually own them both, but I haven’t tried them yet as I prefer to do longer upper and lower body workouts on separate days.

For cardio I do primarily IMAX2, BM2, LIC, and Step Blast (I tend to only do the cardio portions of the circuit workouts). I’ve also been doing one of the HiiT workouts or the cardio sections from CCC at least once a week. I love these workouts because they’re under ½ hour, but I still get a real cardiovascular challenge.

Core Max is also great to add on for abs, although most Cathe workouts already have a pretty good ab section.

I have yet to invest in STS as I’m currently living in an apartment and don’t have room for all the weights, etc. (Half of my weights and my barbell are actually in another state right now.) Plus, I prefer to do my own mixing & matching with my workouts.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.