need advice for working up to STS

Tracy R.

Hi Cathe,

It's been awhile since I did much strength training and I'm wondering how much of a foundation you need to tackle STS?

I have almost all of your DVDs (I came to a couple of road trips in the late 90s), but have been focusing almost exclusively on running for the past few years. In the past year, I’ve added back some low weight and body weight PT-style exercises to come back after a minor knee injury (most likely caused by focusing exclusively on running-oops!).

I’m training for a 10-miler in early April, but after that, I’d like to get back into more serious weight training again. I have STS, and would like to try it, but it seems pretty intimidating. I’ve been using your Total Body Sculpting workout, which I think is beginner/intermediate, with 5lb weights and I’m sure I could push myself to do a more challenging workout, but not sure about STS right now.

What would you suggest I do to “get ready” for a STS rotation? I have almost all of your DVDs and access to a gym.

Thanks!
Tracy R.

Hi Tracy! Others might disagree but I think you can do STS...you def would not want to try to match Cathe's weights as a beginner but just modify to what you think you can lift. You can also do the 1RM testing to see what weight IS appropriate for you. But, all-in-all, I think you will love the program even if you go light. And, also see much benefit! Hope this helps! It's such a great program, you'll be hooked as soon as you start. :)

I've done several rounds of STS and I still use my dumbbells that I have. With money being tight, I had to use what I had. I still have gotten great results!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.