MIS - sore abs...

AW

It's been a while since I worked on my abs. Three days ago, I had decided to do the MIS tape. It was long and hard, but I managed to do most of it, including the abs section. Ever since then, my abs are so sore that I cannot work on them again (although I wanted to do some ab work at least 3 times a week). Has it ever happened to you ? Any stretches for these muscles ? How often can I work on my abs ?

Thanks, Ann.

Stretches for Abs

Do you have a balance ball? I love to stretch my abs by reclining back over the ball. It's such a good stretch and so much fun too. I highly recommend it.

Hi Ann! When you work an area for the first time ever OR for the first time in a long time, you will generally experience more localized muscle soreness after that session then of all the other workouts. Try taking a warm bath with epsom salt, a couple of advil three times a day, massage the sore muscles, and (as someone else already posted)stretch out over a resist-a-ball for the next two days. This should alleviate a lot of discomfort. You will find many people who disagree on how often to work their abs, but I like to stick with 3 to 4 times per week. Take Care!

Thanks, I actually feel much better now and I'm ready to work on my abs today.
I will use your suggestions for the next time...

Ann.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.