May Rotation

Valjane

Cathe, Are you posting a May rotation today? Maybe one body part a day? Also I refuse to take any time off viewing myself as a loser for wanting to do so. But I have been very tired lately. Does it hurt your muscles or cardio performance to take a rest week with just some power walking and maybe some pilates or yoga? And I would like to thank you for everything you do for us. Thanks, Valjane

Bumping this! I know you are super busy - will get busy on another rotation if you plan to take off a month from putting together a rotation (wouldn't say I could blame you)!;-)

I wanted to share my experience with you since I share your view on taking breaks from working out. I broke my foot last year and was forced to take off 4 weeks from working out. I was devastated. After that 4 weeks I had hardly any loss of muscle shape and minimal cardio loss. It only took me 6 or 7 workouts to get back to where I was prior to the injury. In my humble opinion you would not lose anything by taking off just a week. Your body probably would even feel more strong after that week. Just remember to get extra sleep and eat fairly healthy to take advantage and enjoy the time off.
There are others of us who feel the same way as you - we're finatical about missing workouts.

Thanks Valjane! The May Rotation is now posted!

When you feel the way you have described, rest is actually the best thing you can do. Please listen to your body's signals. It is speaking to you. Guess what? You can even take a week off without feeling the need to do walking, pilates, yoga, etc. Fatigue, lethargy, and that feeling of "Uh, I just can't bring myself to do anything" are many times early signs of overtraining. Taking a week off truly rejuvinates the muscles and inspires progress. So instead of feeling guilty when you are flat out exhausted, remind yourself that a week off is a great way to keep the results coming

:7

Thanks Cathe and everyone who responded. I know I am a fanatic about health and exercise but I know people who took a break and years later are still taking one! So I guess that makes me think I should not take one. I am going to try and take a rest week, last night I mowed the lawn after work and at 8:00 I did IMax 3 I could hardly wait to get finished! Maybe I do need a break!

thanks,

Val

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.