light headed and dizzy while working out

klbslp

Over the past week I have been experiencing dizziness when working out half way between Cathe's vidoes. I thought it may be due working out on an empty stomach, but today I ate breakfast and a small snack before working out and 20 min. into the workout I was feeling like I was going to pass out. Does anyone have any suggestions?

klbslp

dehydration? perhaps you need more water? just a thought....

-------------
cute work out clothes are good for AT LEAST an additional 10-15 calories burned!

You should definitely see a doctor about this right away!!!

(Remember: the suggestions given in this forum are no substitute for sound medical advice)

Cathe's workouts are very intense...but it shouldn't cause the dizziness you describe. Only your doctor will know your medical history and determine what may be the cause.

Eileen

I replied to this message on the Open Forum, but your remark about water made me think of something else. I used to not feel woozy when I worked out, but after a few months, I started to experience woozy spells while lifting weights. On the Open forum, I said that I caught myself holding my breath, and now that I consciously pay attention to my breathing, I haven't had a woozy spell. However, during aerobics, I recently started feeling woozy, too. Ironically, I had started to drink more water during my workouts. When I identified that the wooziness started happening at about the same time I started to drink more during aerobic workouts, I decided to cut back on the water that I drank DURING the workout (just taking sips rather than big gulps). I waited until the workout was finished before taking a big drink. This seemed to put an end to my wooziness during aerobics.

Definately see your doctor, but in the meantime up your iron intake. That may help a bit. Also, if you must workout (I am the same way) LOWER YOUR INTENSITY!

Thanks for all the advice. I will definitely take your suggestions. I love working out with Cathe so I don't want to give that up. I will try the water during the workout and see if that helps. If not, I will schedule an appointment with my doc.

klbslp

I'm a physician assistant and have a few questions for you. How old are you? Did you just start working out? Whats your family history like? Have you had your cholesterol checked or your blood pressure checked? If so, are they high or borderline? Make an appt with your healthcare provider, don't workout until you see him or her first. Take my advice, I don't mean to scare you it's just your body is telling you something and it may not be as simple as dehydration.;-)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.