legs getting bigger

Cathe (or anyone who could give me an insight)

I am anxiously awaiting your MIC tape (this will be my first tape of yours). Here is my question, I workout faithfully at the gym 5-6 x's a week, and for a while I was training my legs really hard 2 days out of the week, I would do walking lunges across the gym with weights, smith machine, all the gym leg machines, etc. and my pants around my butt and upper thigh area were starting to get really tight, I did not change my diet, cardio, etc. As soon as I quit with the leg routines, my pants became baggy again in those areas. Could you explain this?

Thanks
lori

Hi Lori! Genetically, some peoples legs just respond to weight training with size rather quickly. My legs are this way too so I have to vary my leg workouts quite a bit. Since I do a lot of step, sometimes I won't workout my legs with weights for two or three weeks at a time (since my step workouts seem to keep them as toned as I like). But then I will notice certain areas begin to get soft and I may try to hit them with a couple of hard workouts for a week or so, then cut back to light weight workout for maybe a week, and then even decide to use no weights again for a while. I have no exact formula. I just work them according to how they seem to need it at the current time.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.