Just showing support

kimcole

Dear Cathe,

I just wanted to send you a note of support! I have been a fan of yours for a few years, and because of your workouts have got back into shape. I was really surprised by some of the posts regarding the pre-sale and other issues. (I hope you have not been discouraged). I have to say I TOTALLY agree with SNM that you are the only instructor who gives SO MUCH personal time. It would be so easy for you just to market your videos and not have much, if any, personal contact at all.

Please keep up what you're doing! Any of your videos are truly worth the wait!

Kim

I agree totally. I appreciate all of the personal contact you have -- not many would do that. As far as the pre-sale issues, etc., I'm disappointed we may not get your workouts sooner, but I will wait as long as it takes!!! I know that when I get the new workouts, they will be professionally done and well worth the wait! You are my favorite instructor (I have about 300 plus videos, but do yours 98% of the time!). I'm just excited that we have lots to look forward to!! Thank you!

Thank you, thank you, thank you, everyone from the bottom of my heart for your unconditional support. I wanted to let you know that I received all of your emails, PM's, and forum support over the last three days and am VERY moved. Your enthusiastic and supportive words, endearing stories, and heartfelt well wishes are greatly appreciated. Thank You again....You are all the best!
:*

Warm Hugs,
Cathe

I have workouts by other instructors, and, you, Cathe, are by far the best. I will wait patiently for the new workouts, and I am not cancelling my preorder. I am just happy that I discovered you and this forum, and I am thankful.

I am so glad you are staying so positive! I really hope your injury heals soon and you get back to 100%!

Kim

Hi Cathe,

I am one of your biggest fans. In fact, ever since I found you in Collage when your only video on there was Step N Motion 1, I've been buying every video and DVD of yours, and I truly enjoy every single one. You've helped me get in shape for some of my most important events, and help keep me in great shape. I am very grateful for all your vision, your hard work, your perseverance, and your high standards.

My support for you throughout the years has been strong and loyal. That's why it makes me sad to tell you that I cancelled my pre-order. In your reply above, you thanked people for their unconditional support. I don't think it is fair for a business owner to expect customer support to be unconditional. I expect my family to support me unconditionally, but not my customers. Your business is an exchange of goods for monetary compensation, and when a business has received compensation and cannot deliver the goods in a timely fashion, the business has to comply with customer expectations for information as well as statutory requirements for delivery and delay. My decision to cancel was painstaking because I think so highly of you that I wanted to disregard the substandard business practices, but in the end, the decision was a business decision and not a personal one.

So, although my business support for you is not unconditional, I hope that you will still consider me the loyal fan that I am.

Hi Abbe! Thank you for sharing your thoughts, however, I think you are misunderstanding my expression of thanks to everyone.

Above you stated: "I don't think it is fair for a business owner to expect customer support to be unconditional". I must say that I am a little confused by this statement because the very reason that I thanked everyone for their unconditional support is because it was just that...unconditional (given without expectation).

I would never expect anyone to feel they HAVE to support me. For that reason I am happy to offer a 100% full refund cancelation policy and even make it a point to kindly remind everyone of it so that nobody feels obligated or locked in to their purchase in anyway.

While it does sound as if your decision to cancel was a difficult one, the only thing I would ever "expect" from a customer is that they make a decision that works best for them. Thank you for doing just that Abbe :) I also thank you for your continued interest in me as a fitness instructor.

Cathe,

In the future, perhaps you should cancel the whole "pre-order" thing. I mean my God! Who cares!? So what you made a commitment about filming and what not. But things happen! You have so many videos out there as it is. I mean really, can't everyone just exercise like they've been doing all along? We all make plans, but God sometimes interviens. Remember, our prayers are always answered, and sometimes the answer is NO.

Candy

Cathe,

I'm not a crazed fanatic that puts others on a pedestal, but I have to say, you have so much class.

I love how you just ride above the nonsense.

I will apply that to my personal life along with your fitness instruction.

Always remember that cranky people make lots more noise than happy, peaceful, supportive ones.

Some day people will look back over their lives and wish they had practiced that much class, too.

They won't be proud of all the times in their life they made stinkage over something silly.

People who love how you handle things and fully support all you do are a thousand to one around here.

You are a beautiful person doing a fantastic job that changes peoples lives for the better and I for one am so thankful to you! I think my hubby thanks you too because he loves the results too.

:) Bella

Very well said Bella.

I'm just a lurker, but am one of those "happy, peaceful, supportive ones".

I agree that Cathe has class and she is a beautiful person and I am very suppportive of the pre-ordes and will wait as long as it takes.

Get well soon Cathe and thank you for all your hard work and dedication.

What Bella said, except that I AM a crazed fanatic who has indeed put Cathe on a pedestal. Creating Cathe mish-moshes is my other hobby, second only to teaching my aqua classes.

A-Jock

Bella is 100% correct! Cathe, I adore not only your workouts but your attitudes and ethics. I will continue to be a devoted fan. I am happy that you have some much change and growth in your life as that is what makes thing interesting. I once saw a billboard that stated "change is inevitable, but growth is optional", and that has been my mantra of late. Thanks a zillion, Cathe! Phyllis

http://www.picturetrail.com/pwmatt

Bella said it perfectly. Like A-Jock I too am a fanatic who also puts Cathe on a pedestal(right where she belongs:)). You have shown so much class and grace that I just want you to know I am one of your very loyal supporters. Thanks again for everything you do,

Have to agree with A-Jock (as usual).;-) Sometimes the negativity (and worse) on this forum has sent me away for long periods of time. But I should just rise above it like you do Cathe, because in the end I just miss you & all of my fellow fanatics so much that I only hurt myself.
Cathe you have my unconditional support, personally & business-wise, under any conditions, anytime. You're the best. My husband Eric sends his love & best wishes too. (I think he has a crush on you! :p )
Ruth

Cathe-you have my unconditional support because you have earned it. I never thought home exercise workouts could be what you make them. I lost 43 lbs after my last baby in large part to your tough workouts which allow me to really work and sweat without having to leave my home and kiddos. I am looking forward to losing my new post partum baby weight with you this time as well.

Yup, I'm one of those gushy, Cathe-on-a-pedastal fans and with good reason.

Take your time and get well so you can continue to kick my rear end into shape for many years to come.

Maggie
due today
induced tomorrow
with #6

Maggie,

Good luck tomorrow and an early congratulations. Number 6...Wow! How wonderful to have a new baby in the house.

Becky

I'm another one who is just happy to have the opportunity to pre-order and get a good price. I have enough workouts in my collection to excercise to for a while without panicking over when the new ones will arrive.

I don't know why, but earlier today I thought about why some people got so bent out of shape over this, and I thought, "These people must not have anything better to do." I mean, if I didn't have a job or anything else to occupy my time, I probably would have gotten upset, too. As it is, I am exceptionally busy, and simply don't have time to get my undies in a bunge, so to speak, over where 4 new DVD's are. The way I see it, I'll forget all about them, and then one day I'll get a package in the mail and it will be like Christmas all over again! A little gift that I forgot was coming!! I'll be a very excited little lady when that day comes, and just thinking about it makes me smile and feel like a kid again.

In short, it just isn't that important for me to get upset over. I know my credit card has been charged already...but I also know that my pre-order will NOT be forgotten by Cathe's crew. My order WILL arrive someday. That's enough for me. If it's not enough for someone else, cancel your order and re-order after the DVD's are complete. Problem solved!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.