Just Finished Filming Three New DVDs

Cathe Friedrich

Administrator

Hi Everyone!

How are you all? I have missed you so much. I'm sorry that I have not been online for the last month but a work project came up rather quickly and I had to focus hard to complete it.

We just finished filming three new beginner to intermediate DVD's for Target (see attached covers shots)and these workouts will be included in the box (as well as a stability ball with 3 pound hand weights) with The Step Company's home exercise step at all Target stores. These DVD's will not be sold separately at Target and you must purchase the entire Step package to receive the included DVD's.

We have now established many more customers since our show has been airing on Fit TV and a common request is for a beginner to intermediate level workout for those who are not yet as familiar with my advanced workouts.

This being the case, we will also be selling these DVD's that we have just filmed to all of our customers online. Before I go any further, I would like our advanced customer base to know that we will always continue to make advanced, cutting edge workouts for you. It is what I love to do and would never stop making them.

That being said, these new DVD's will appeal to the beginner/intermediate market and contain the following workouts:

1) A 36 minute low impact Step workout

2) A 27 minute weight workout (with a stability ball and 3 pound handweights (side note: I also tested this workout with 8 and 10 pound handweights to make sure there is room to grow with this workout). There is a stretch after each muscle group is worked.

3) Three stretch workouts 1)....13.5 minutes with no equipment 2)...13.5 minutes with a stability ball focusing on relaxing 3)....12.5 minutes with a stability ball focusing on lengthening

We would like to offer these to our customers but would like to combine the workouts on two DVD's plus add a couple of premixes to make it more appealing.

Here is what we were thinking:

DVD One:
The Step Routine plus the Weight routine total time: about 61 minutes (the weights would have a premix so that you could do two sets of everything PLUS we would also have a cardio/weight circuit premix.

DVD 2:
All three stretch workouts..total time about 40 minutes

Feel free to offer suggestions if you would like to see them mixed differently.

Choreography on the Step workout:
This workout contains classic Cathe moves combined in a refreshing way to give it a new feeling. The choreography is low impact (with the ability to put a lift on the moves for more intensity) and broken down a little longer to accomodate the learning curve of a beg/int customer.

The Step DVD breakdown:

7 minute warm up

Step Combo One

Intensity Blast One

Step Combo Two

Intensity Blast Two

Cool Down

The Weight DVD breakdown: Equipment stability ball and 3 pound weights

Warm up

Stability ball squats

Stability ball lunges

Stability ball back extentions and wide rows

Stability ball push ups

Stability ball front raises/rear delt squeezes/lateral raises

Stability ball lying extensions/prone double arm kickbacks

Stability ball preacher curls/ seated hammer curl

Stability ball outer thigh raises

Stability ball frog rolls for inner thigh

Stability ball Ab work....crunches w/leg on ball...crunches w/ball in arms while alternating knee raises.....seated oblique twists

The Stretch Workout DVD breakdown:

Stretch One (no equipment)

A total Body stretch.....Starts with standing stretches and then moves to the floor. These are classic Cathe stretches that you are familiar with from past workouts.

Stretch Two:

Relax and unwind your entire body with this stability ball stretch. A mix of familiar and some new stretches will be featured.

Stretch Three:

Stretch and elongate with this stability ball stretch. A different exercise selection than the above stretch will be featured. Again, will feature a mix of new and familiar stretches.

We will announce a presale soon :)

Cathe -

I have been having an inkling you were working on something - or were going to announce a new series. I was actually getting ready to post tonight (finally) to ask if and when you were doing a new series - and voila'! You have! Regardless of the level of difficulty, I'm SO excited and anxious to see them! Thanks for all of your hard work!

Hi Cathe!

I'm happy that you are establishing more customers and getting more recognition! There are many people out there who shy away from your workouts because the workouts are too advanced for them to start exercising to and this is a great way to introduce them to your workouts.
I love your advanced workouts and I own many of them on DVD (I love how well chaptered the DVDs are). I'm also glad that you will continue to produce more advanced workouts---you motivate me to push myself to be more fit and healthy. Thank you, Cathe! Now the beginners/intermediates can get to know and come to love your workouts just as much as I do!

Libra32

Wow! They look great!! :) Cedie looks like a supermodel behind you, too. :) Good for you! See you Friday!!!!! :D
Amy

Congratulations! I'm glad to hear your workouts are attracting the attention they deserve.

Absolutely stunning!! Both of you! Cathe all your hard work has paid off. It's so nice that you can reach out and be there for the beg/interm crowd too. Before long, they will be ordering your advanced series! Congrats on another job well done!
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie")http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Cathe,

This is wonderful, I have a friend here from Japan who is in great shape but has never done your level of workouts.

This will be excellent for her - she will be able to take it slow (beg/int)and translate your queing in English while actually working out. It will meet her fitness and translation level :p

Looking forward to the presale myself - have always loved a good stretch routine!

:+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+

***** Cathe Rules *****

Regards,
CatheFans - Cyndi

Cathe, I agree 100% with Mama Deb -- you and Cedie have never looked more beautiful, and what an amazing job you've done just whipping this project together in the middle of everything else going on!! It's very exciting to see you and your crew winning all this MUCH-deserved recognition from a new crowd, and to see beginner and intermediate exercisers have another way to join the Cathe fun! As Deb says, before long they'll be Hardcore!!

You rock, Miss Cath!!! :) I'm so happy for you!!!!!!

http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/sport/sport-smiley-003.gif Kathy S. http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/sport/sport-smiley-001.gif

I can't wait for these workouts. I've been doing your "easier" DVDs for about 4 months, and they really kick my butt. I was hoping that you'd come out with a new cardio only step workout for "wimps" like me! I have a question - how would you compare the intensity of the new step workout to Basic Step/Body Fusion? Would you say they're pretty comparable, or is the Total Cardio Step easier/more difficult?

You ladies look gorgeous on the covers! Wow...Cedie!!

Hoping that you'll consider putting the weight routine on a DVD alone. i would like to have such a workout for less intense days and would like to be able to buy it w/out paying for the others. Thanks!

Cathe, finally the recognition you deserve! This of course, a result of your years of hard work and dedication!

You wrote that you will continue to produce workouts for your advanced audience.... you'll have to because your new audience will fall in love with you, whichi will result in wanting to be consistent and continue working out with you. Then they will eventually look to you for advanced workouts! :7

Looking forward to meeting you on Friday.

Alexandra

Cathe - absolutely awesome! I think it is so great you are targeting begin/int so they can ease their way into your other amazing DVDs. So cool that it is going to be in the store. I hope you get a zillion more followers with this! I think you are amazing and you have done such amazing things for my body since I started in March. I hope to meet you someday. Maybe next years roadtrip ;)

"you miss 100% of the shots you never take"

Debbie

Cathe!

I'm so excited for you! After all YOUR hard work, you're finally getting the recognition that you truly deserve! Way to go!:) :)

Michele

Cathe -- YAY! Bless you for all your hard work!

You keep so many of us fit and motivated, which allows us to live with amazing life and energy. And it is SO great that you'll be accessible to so many more now -- who aren't ready for your advanced workouts, but who deserve Cathe workouts, too. You're the best. :)

I'm going to buy them so I can have my mom workout with me. She's 74 and takes good care of herself -- but I really, really, want her to implement some weight training to keep her strong. This is perfect.

Thanks, Cathe. Big hugs to you.

See you Friday. :7 :7 :7

Cathe--
All I can say is customer service better be ready for the onslaught of orders!!!!LOL
This is great!! As I always say, you can never have TOO MANY Cathe workouts!!
See you at the trip!!

Mary:)

Cathe -

This is awesome! I love the covers - you and Cedie look absolutely GORGEOUS!! Marla, I will borrow your idea and purchase this set as a gift to my 76-yr old mom. She and my dad used to go the gym all the time but my dad can't get around very well anymore so this home workout is a perfect alternative for her.

I think this will open a lot of doors for the beginner/intermediate crowd to become addicted to Cathe and to soon move up to Advanced Status!

Thanks again, Cathe! Great job!!

Angie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.