Interval Run/Steady state run question

tricia

Cathlete
Hi Cathe,

A while back you posted for me a running workout to work myself into running which was 28 minutes long. I've used it every time I did my treadmill run and have really improved - thank you so much!!

I'm wondering if you have (or could, when you get time!!!) post somewhere, possibly with a sticky note - a basic interval run breakdown as well as a steady state run breakdown that we can use whenever a rotation calls for it? If not, I will gladly use the 28 minute run that you already posted, and just lengthen it to about 50 minutes. I just thought it couldn't hurt to ask - but I do understand if you can't get to this (you've been kinda busy lately....
like this whole year!!) I hope you've planned a well-deserved break for yourself once STS is done and shipped out!!

As always, thanks for the opportunity to "talk" to you, the great new forums, and for kicking my butt for the past 11 years!! I can't wait to see what you've got in store for us with STS - I have a feeling I am "gonna work":D

Happy Friday!
Tricia

Running programs

Hi Cathe,

A while back you posted for me a running workout to work myself into running which was 28 minutes long. I've used it every time I did my treadmill run and have really improved - thank you so much!!

I'm wondering if you have (or could, when you get time!!!) post somewhere, possibly with a sticky note - a basic interval run breakdown as well as a steady state run breakdown that we can use whenever a rotation calls for it? If not, I will gladly use the 28 minute run that you already posted, and just lengthen it to about 50 minutes. I just thought it couldn't hurt to ask - but I do understand if you can't get to this (you've been kinda busy lately....
like this whole year!!) I hope you've planned a well-deserved break for yourself once STS is done and shipped out!!

As always, thanks for the opportunity to "talk" to you, the great new forums, and for kicking my butt for the past 11 years!! I can't wait to see what you've got in store for us with STS - I have a feeling I am "gonna work":D

Happy Friday!
Tricia

This is a great idea Trish. I can't get to that right now but I'd like to do that when things free up. If I forget, please remind me :)

This is a great idea Trish. I can't get to that right now but I'd like to do that when things free up. If I forget, please remind me :)

Aw, Cathe you're just so awesome!
bighug.gif
I would LOVE to do a treadmill workout that you design!

*gaps* OH MY GOSH! You should TOTALLY do audio cardio workouts for cardio machines!
greenstars.gif
bliss.gif
It'd be perfect!

I always dread the days when I do a treadmill workout and don't get my "Cathe fix" and now I could if you made these! (I know, I'm psycho...)
499kfok.gif

bighug.gif

*gaps* OH MY GOSH! You should TOTALLY do audio cardio workouts for cardio machines!
greenstars.gif
bliss.gif
It'd be perfect!

I always dread the days when I do a treadmill workout and don't get my "Cathe fix" and now I could if you made these! (I know, I'm psycho...)
499kfok.gif

ITA Allison! I think Cathe would do an awesome job at audio guided workouts. I can hear her now tweaking the line from Imax 2 "I know you're tired but run faster...and climb higher!!"

Carrie

too funny

bighug.gif

greenstars.gif
bliss.gif
It'd be perfect!

499kfok.gif

Carrie and Allison you are a riot!!!! And instead of "work work", I'll say "run run" :p

please post link to this workout

Hi Cathe,

Happy Friday!
Tricia

I am just starting to run and would love to see this workout - I tried to do a search by your name, but couldn't find it - please post a link - thanks so much!!!!!!!

Interval runs on itunes

I would love to see an interval run series by Cathe for itunes. For now, I have really enjoyed the Podrunner Interval series which a free podcast by DJ Beatsmith. It's a technobeat kind of music which is a little dull but, hey it's free and there 3 different series that he's done - Zero to 5K, Runway to 8K, and a 10K interval run series. They all build you up to full run.

The Beginners Run/Walk workout

Hi Twosquared,

I meant to post the original workout, but couldn't find it in my saved links. (I had it bookmarked on the old website, and can't seem to figure out how to get to those!) Here is the breakdown Cathe gave me:

BRISK WALK 7 - 10 MINUTES
LIGHT JOG 5 MINUTES
WALK 2 MINUTES
RUN (WORK YOUR WAY UP) 5 MINUTES
COOLDOWN 3 MINUTES
COMFORTABLE WALK 3 MINUTES

Stretch quads, hamstrings and calves.

Hope that helps,

:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.