innerthighs exercise question?

getnfit@38

Cathlete
Hi, I'm seeking any and all input on additional innerthigh exercises. I of course do plie squats, but I'm wondering if there are any other squat or lunge variations that I can do to work my innerthigh area a bit more? I've heard that sometimes just the positioning of your feet can turn a squat or lunge into a different exercise for a different muscle group.

*also, I always keep the same barbell weight for plie squats as I do for normal squats, could it be that to get the extra effects I need for my innerthighs I should pause the tape and up the weight for the plie squats?

p.s. some of the issue is also that I store fat in my innerthigh area, so I know as I decrease my body fat that area will improve, but the overall tone is not there like it is in the other parts of my thigh.
Thanks, Donna

Hi Donna,

I currently take a very challenged step and muscle class. Although no one could be as good as Cathe. Anyway, my instructor works our inner thighs! And be careful with this because it's painful. We lay on our backs ON THE BENCH,(make sure you have a towel to cushion your whole body on the bench) make a slight fist under the small of our back, raise our legs in the air and simply take our legs out and in as if were were doing butterflies with our arms, just using the legs. So, we do this about 50 times then we pulse it out for three, in one, out three in one etc. But when you come in, cross the legs. Keep your feet flexed when your legs are out and your toes pointed when coming back in. Also I don't know if I can explain this well, but during this exercise (after the pulsing) still having your legs in the air, you will then keep the feet touching and bring your knees down and out and go up and down with this motion. As your kness come down (feet still touching one another) keep in mind that your knees will be going out away from each other and then as you bring them back in you are at the same time bringing your legs up straight in the air. Keep in mind with this move your feet must always remain touching. Let me know how you feel the day after. Trust me, it works!!!!!!!!!!!

Candy

Thank you for your very detailed reply. I printed it out so I could refer to it during my workout until I get use to doing it automatically!
The first exercise I remember doing years ago in what was then called "slimnastics" classes, but I remember the exercise well, and the second I had to visualize a few times before i caught the move, but yes, you explained it perfectly, I can see how the innerthigh is worked from that exercise. So I'll be doing these today right after my ab work, and I thank you so much for your input.
Innerthighs Beware!
Thanks again, Donna

Donna, I've found I need to use isolation exercises (like the one Candy posted) on inner & outer thighs to maintain muscle balance. While these muscles are engaged during squats & lunges, they're assisting some very large muscles. The floor work in PS legs is perfect for isolating the inner & outer thigh. There have been several discussions about this in the other forums if you need more video or equipment ideas.

Debra

Hi Debra and thank you, I just purchased the PS series, just haven't gotten to it yet, I'm finishing up a PowerHour rotation and PS is my next step, so thank you, and I'll look forward to checking out PS legs.
Donna

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.