I need your help?

melly76

Cathlete
Hi,
I currently do the HIIT 40/20,30/30 and the pyramid.I like doing this dvd and would like to purchase more cathe friedrich dvds.I am not very co-ordinated and don't really like dancy routines.I'd like to purchase a dvd that gives max results with min time.If thats possible.I get very sore ,achy joints partciularly my lower back so wouldn't want to aggravate that.can you help ,as i'd like to start my new fitness regime next week and really appreciate your advice.Many thanks,mel

Hello!

I am not quite sure what constitutes dancy for you. That being said, if you want a good entire program STS is awesome and you can't beat the sale price this week (around ~$139) if you can swing it. There is some equipment needed but if you do the pyramids you have a lot of it already. For the cardio part to go along with it, you already have the Hiit, and you could add walking running or biking.

Other non dancing workouts: MMAs which are easier, cardio core circuit is an intense workout that doesn't require a step. Drill Max, 4 day split, and low impact circuit are some of my other favorites. There are some great long previews of the workouts on the website so make sure to check them out. A l lot of the DVDs have premixes combining different segments and they are like having several workouts in one DVD. They are listed on the website as well.

I have lower back issues as well. I have found I can do most everything but it depends on how my back feels that day. I have learned to pay close attention and to modify when my lower back feels sore.

I hope this helps. Everyone has got their preferences and I am sure there are plenty I am forgetting. Hopefully you will get more ideas. :)

Good luck! :)

hi helene,
Thanks for getting back to me.i only have one dvd the hiit, i do the pyrimid in that ,that doesn't require any equipment.I have been considering the travel fit with the band and looking at the intensity one too.When i say dancy,i mean routines that don't tell you what s coming next and goes straight into the moves by calling it a name you're expected to know what comes next.i like knowing what comes next so am not fumbling thorugh it,does that make sense.I thought you needed a tower for the STS dvds.I have a reebok step,a resitance bands and 2.2kg dumbbells thats it.I haven't got room forr anything else.Thanks again for your recommendations i'll take a look.best wishes,mel

Hi again,

Now I see what you have. :) When you mentioned pyramid I thought it was the weight pyramid workouts.

You might want to look at the beginner rotation and see what DVDs they use. On the website, I think they tell you what equipment you need for most workouts.

Otherwise, travelfit is a good idea. I like circuits but they require a few weights so they might be out for you.

One DVD I love is LowMax. It's low impact step with focus on working your lower body, but I find that Cathe is awesome at telling you what you need to do before she does it. None of the step combos are added to each other so it's easier to learn.

If you can do Hiit without problems for the impact re your back problems, you might also look at the Imax workouts. They are tough as well but great to do (Imax2 which has simpler step). And there is cardio core circuit (also tough) which doesn't use weights either and is great. And I forgot Kick Punch and Crunch is good too. :D

If at some point you want to get a circuit workout with a bit more weights, I can't recommend Low impact circuit enough.

Intensity is good but the step routine are a bit dancy. Not too much because the intensity is high so it's not intended to distract you. There is a small add on bootcamp that might work with your weights and the Hiit portions which you can add at any time.

Enjoy the rest of your day! :)

Last edited:
Sorry helena,could i just pick your brains again.Your advice has been helpful.I've had a root and abit of a tidy and found my old dumbbell tree which has 1.1kg,2.2kg,3kg and 4 kg.which was a bonus.I've had a quick look at the ones you recommended.I really like the look of drill max so i think i'll get that one as well as the travel fit the third i can't decide between getting the low circuit,cardio circuit or the imax.which gives you the max results in shortest time and would incorporate a whole body workout,cardio and strength.Best wishes,mel

Ooooh, that's hard!

By the way, travel fit is lower intensity. Just in case. But it's nice too.

On to your questions..... I would say it's between LIC and Imax2. Imax2 is double the price but there are two DVDs (cardio and weights is in there as well which is nice). If you can swing it I think you will get more out of this one. But I absolutely love LIC. Hard choice. And with the premixes it's like getting several workouts in one. Maybe the budget will let you decide between these two?

Also, your weights sound pretty good for a start. Don't be afraid to use hand weights when you see anything done with a barbell.

In drill max they use a stability ball some. I use a couch cushion to toss in the air. LOL.

Also just in case, Imax3 might be too dancy for you especially the first couple combos which is why I suggest Imax2.

Feel free to ask more questions if you need or PM me if I miss the thread somehow. :)

Good luck

Hi helene,
Thankyou for all your help,its very much appreciated.I do alot of jillian michaels and firm stuff but enjoyed the HIIT workout dvd so thought i would search for more of cathes dvds.The IMAX2 looks good but because i live in the uk might be difficult as anything over £18.00 gets customs taxed added on ,so if anyone knows a way round it;);)am thinking of ordering the drill max and the low impact circuit separately.Are they the best suggested for total body,cardio and strength workouts.Although i do like the look of cardio core circuit but i don't suppose that has much strength ,just cardio right.Might be one for later with the IMAX2.
Thanks again helene,mel

Have you considered the downloads? I actually have the downloads of everything :eek: but I love them. With the workout blender you can recreate all the premixes, just takes a bit of time. Also you would need a set up to play it to your TV.
If you get Imax2 as a download you don't get Cardio and Weights with it though.
If you ship overseas, I think you get taxed if it's UPS but not USPS. But I'm not sure.
Otherwise maybe you can find a used copy?

Depending on your strength and impact, I love BodyMax2 but it has a little bit more dancy step. I find Cathe's cueing excellent though and have never had too much of a problem after doing workouts 2-3 times. BM2 has some excellent premixes like the other workouts.

I think DM and LIC are two excellent choices to start out. If you do fine with the step in LIC then you can try other Cathe DVDs. I forget how they are but I know some of the high step circuit workouts are also good full body and often with easier to follow step portion on just the high top. So many choices :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I know helene ,thats the problem.:eek:Would you say the imax 2 and body max are better the low impact circuit.what would i need to be able to download?Thanks for all your advice,mel

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.