I have some questions...

Czechfan

Cathlete
:eek:I was wondering if someone could please explain what the different body types are and mean. I've heard the term endomorph? Or Mesomorph? I don't know what they are or what they mean. Also, I was hoping that someone would take pity on me and enlighten me as to what hypertrophy is and what the other names and types of weight training are and how they are different and suited for specific results. I'm new to all of this jargon and would like to learn about this.

Thanks!;)

:eek:I was wondering if someone could please explain what the different body types are and mean. I've heard the term endomorph? Or Mesomorph? I don't know what they are or what they mean. Also, I was hoping that someone would take pity on me and enlighten me as to what hypertrophy is and what the other names and types of weight training are and how they are different and suited for specific results. I'm new to all of this jargon and would like to learn about this.

Thanks!;)
Not Cathe here (just a 'someone'), but:

Ectomorph : tends to be "skinny" (think Paris Hilton)
Endomorph : tends to hold on to fat easily (think Rosie O'Donnel)
Mesomorph : tends to build muscle easily (think Madonna)

Most people are a mix of body types.

"hypertrophy" just means "growth of a tissue," in this case, muscle.

"The Encyclopedia of Muscle and Strength" outlines the protocols to follow when training for hypertrophy (muscle growth) vs. strength : there is a different in rep counts per set (fewer for strength), number of sets per body part (fewer for strength), rest periods (longer for strength), and use of "going to failure" (on most sets for hypertrophy, hardly ever for strength).

HTH!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.