How often?

I have 4DS and like it. However I am looking at adding either butts and guts, or core max to supplement. Which is better, and how often do I add it in? I usually do a total body workout, but I do like the way Cathe splits up the 4DS. Or would I be better going to STS total body? or using pyramid upper and lower? I would appreciate any information on this. Thank you.

Not Cathe here but I would go for something that's full body and has more of an endurance focus like High Reps since 4DS is a heavier lifting split. This way you have a work out that is completely different. Change is good! Cathe always says that you know! ;)

I agree with Fit mommy about High Reps and how it would go well with 4DS. Of course, if you could swing it, I would also get Butts and Guts, cause if any gal out there is like me, a little extra help in that dept. doesn't hurt!:D

I think you would love doing:

STS Total Body/ Monday
Butts and Guts/ Wednesday
High Reps/ Friday

Additionally, you could do your 4DS CARDIO ONLY segments on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday

Good Luck!

thank you!

Thank you Cathe, for responding. I love the 4DS, but was not clear on what to add. You have so many options, it is hard to know what to choose. Thanks for clearing this up.
I will have to order them one at a time. Plus the step. I have been just doing them on the floor to learn the choreography, and I had just started to do them when I broke my foot in two places. So I kept doing them with my cast on. It took some time. But I managed.
Boot is off now, and am doing them regular again, which is nice. Still learning the choreography (grace and coordination were never my names!)
I can see a big improvement. I don't know as if I have lost as much weight as I want to, but flexibility and mobility is up, my back, and most of my rotator cuff problems are gone, and I have a lot more energy since I started.
May I add that I am in my 50's, and a good bit overweight. (over 200 pounds).
If I can do this, anyone can. Anyone out there has the ability to change and achieve. Don't let anyone tell you or make you think differently. It is doable and a choice that can be made.
I want to lose 70 pounds and know it will be a journey( might just as well add this one to all the other journeys in my life at this point), but I for the first time feel I am worth investing in. That is kind of a milestone for me.
I have had a huge confidence/esteem issue for most of my life. I am not sure what finally broke through, but I am very grateful.
It will take me about a month to month and a half to get all the dvds and the step, but I will make it. I will post pictures half way through.
Thanks again Cathe, for responding.

scrapquilter said:
Thank you Cathe, for responding. I love the 4DS, but was not clear on what to add. You have so many options, it is hard to know what to choose. Thanks for clearing this up.
I will have to order them one at a time. Plus the step. I have been just doing them on the floor to learn the choreography, and I had just started to do them when I broke my foot in two places. So I kept doing them with my cast on. It took some time. But I managed.
Boot is off now, and am doing them regular again, which is nice. Still learning the choreography (grace and coordination were never my names!)
I can see a big improvement. I don't know as if I have lost as much weight as I want to, but flexibility and mobility is up, my back, and most of my rotator cuff problems are gone, and I have a lot more energy since I started.
If I can do this, anyone can. Anyone out there has the ability to change and achieve. Don't let anyone tell you or make you think differently. It is doable and a choice that can be made.
I want to lose 70 pounds and know it will be a journey( might just as well add this one to all the other journeys in my life at this point), but I for the first time feel I am worth investing in. That is kind of a milestone for me.
I have had a huge confidence/esteem issue for most of my life. I am not sure what finally broke through, but I am very grateful.
It will take me about a month to month and a half to get all the dvds and the step, but I will make it. I will post pictures half way through.

You ARE worth investing in and with your positive attitude, you will succeed! Just the fact that you kept at it with your cast on shows huge determination! Good Luck and, I can't wait to see your pictures!!!

Such an uplifting post Scrapquilter! Yes, you are worth it and yes you can do it! You have come to the right place for support too. I will enjoy seeing your pictures when you are ready to share them.
:D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.