How many cals?

Hi,

I just registered to this forum.
I have been doing cathe's work out 5 times a week on FitTv since Christmas an upgrade from Gilad. I love them and I am seeing results that keep me coming back for more. I fall in the categorie well defined muscles (I guess short of ripped)but that's probably my body type. on top of those work out I walk my dog every day for at least 30 min. We walk fast enough to break out a sweat and get our heart rate higher (well at least I know I do).

I am 5'6" and 118 lbs and I'd like to know how much I am supposed to eat to maintain my current weight and to make sure I get all the nutrients necessary. Most information I find either in books or on the web are for beginners who need to lose weight or for athletes. I don't consider myself being in either categories.
I work out because I love it and to stay healthy.

Sorry, I am not Cathe, but I just did a little bit of research on that. Based on your weight and height, I'd say somewhere between 1,800 and 2,200 kcal depending on your workout intensity.

There are some online calculators to estimate your daily calorie needs but every body and metabolism is different. I'd probably start at 2,000 and see how that works for you.

Here is the link to one of those online calculators.

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/7116/jv_kcal.html

Hope this helps.

Carola

thanks I just tried the link and used the calculator.
According to that I am supposed to eat about 2800 kcal a day. That looks like an awful lot.
I am way below that. I guess I am going to increase my intake progressevely and see how it goes. At least now I know I don't have to feel guilty about the large DQ Blizzard I had the other day It's only 1000 calories. though I know it's not very nutritious but a girl gotta treat herself every now and then.:9

thanks I just tried the link and used the calculator.
According to that I am supposed to eat about 2800 kcal a day. That looks like an awful lot.
I am way below that. I guess I am going to increase my intake progressevely and see how it goes. At least now I know I don't have to feel guilty about the large DQ Blizzard I had the other day It's only 1000 calories. though I know it's not very nutritious but a girl gotta treat herself every now and then.:9

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.