How can I maintain?????

RhiannonW

Cathlete
Cathe,

I'm right where I want to be, tone wise and weight wise. I've been there for 2-3 years. My current regime is step cardio with weights - 3 lbs each ankle and 3 lbs each hand - 45 to 50 minutes 5 times a week. Do I have to keep this up, or can I slack off somewhere - either time-wise, # of days-wise, or weight-wise? I'm afraid to try anything different for fear of losing what I've worked so long and so hard to obtain. Please tell me what to do!

Thank you so much for your time and expertise.

I'm no expert by any means, but I cannot see why you couldn't spice up your regimen. What works for me, and I'm always open to changing it around, is 3 days a week strength training (plus a little cardio if I have the time and/or if it's included in the tape I do, like Cathe's BodyMax or Karen Voight's Personal Best) and 3 days strictly cardio. The time I spend working out really depends on the time I have available; usually from :45 minutes to 1:30. I do a lot of videos and usually cycle for one day a week (About 2-2 1/2 hours). I have found that variety is indeed the key! I'm not bored (yet) and feel I'm in excellent shape.

You might try heavier weights with just strength training, like bicep curls, squats, etc. Then save your step for when you do your cardio. Just an idea, best of luck to you!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.