HONEYMOON WORKOUTS

luv2swet

I just returned from my honeymoon in Jamaica and simply had to share a little fitness story. I wanted so desperately to continue with my workouts during the week since those all-inclusive buffets catch up with you veeeeeery quickly! But unfortunately, the step classes at the resort were horrifyingly primitive...just basics, v-steps, over-the-tops and not much else! I was bored to tears! Not to mention, the classes took place at 8AM!!

I thought, okay, I'm NOT getting up at 8am on my honeymoon to take these lame classes, so I'll just wing a little step routine on my own in the afternoon. So there I was...a heel-toeing, half-jacking, A-steppin', horseshoein', lunge straddlin', step-ball-changing, kneeing around the world, power blastin' FOOL! They certainly weren't perfect routines by ANY stretch of the imagination, but I had a blast and worked up quite a sweat. The resort instructor at the gym came up to me to learn some new moves. I even did my own little kickbox routine one afternoon and I felt so tough!!

Thanks Cathe...even when I don't have your tapes with me, I can copy a few of your moves from memory and still get a great, fun workout. AND, at the risk of sounding conceited, I also must tell you that on my wedding day, I received an overwhelming amount of compliments on my figure. It was wonderful...all that hard work paid off and I felt incredible. I'm so excited for the VF trip, I'm driving my new husband crazy already!

Congratulations and best wishes, newlywed! I had to laugh at your story because the same thing happened to me last December. My husband and I were at a Club Med in Mexico, not on our honeymoon, though. The step classes were pretty basic and I couldn't restrain myself from powering every move just to get my heart rate going. After one class, I was playing around doing moves from Powermax, Step Works and CIA 9905. The instructor insisted that I teach her! Just like you, too, I did a kickbox workout by myself one afternoon!

Although the classes weren't up to snuff, the area where they conducted classes faced the ocean and had a constant breeze going through it. It was really beautiful.

clap, clap, clap

I would never have the courage to do that in front of people. I think that's great that you were teaching an instructor!!!

Congrats! What resort did you stay at? Last year we had our "weddingmoon" at Couples in Ocho Rios, Jamaica - what a fabulous, beautiful place! I hear ya on the buffets, but the food was to die for.......... :9, I ate fruits and vegetables that I had never heard of before. Couples had a fairly decent weight room and I got in a couple workouts during our week stay but I didn't try the step classes. I got my cardio by swimming, snorkeling and scuba diving. I also tried parasailing which was a blast, could see the entire island from that vantage point.
Maybe you should look into a new career as a aerobic/step instructor in paradise! Anyway, all the best to you and your new hubby! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.