hi there, newbie here...

glitterfly

Hi there Cathe and everyone else :)

Well, I thought I'd delurk tonight since I have a question and all, but first I just wanted to thank Cathe for doing what she does and actually getting me motivated to get back in shape :). I lost 25 lbs. since May, since I first started doing that All Step video that came with my step. Unfortunately it's the only Cathe video I have (poor college kid here), but it certainly got me to my goal...and then right on past it :). I only wanted to lose 15 lbs. to begin with to be able to fit into my old pants again...now all those old pants are all saggy and I've had to buy new ones. Woohoo! So thank you, just that one workout really got me so excited to get in shape, which was quite amazing for me...normally a happy little couch potato. I've even inspired my aunt to start exercising when she noticed how much better I was looking :) That really made me happy. Anyway, sorry I just had to thank you.

Ok, to my question. Now, this may be kinda stupid to everyone here, but I'm really a fitness/exercise dunce...don't know a darn thing! So anyway, sometimes when I'm exercising I get a sharp pain in my left side, always only my left. It used to happen a lot during gym class when I was in elementary school actually, but back then they always just passed it off as normal. Even if it is normal though, I'd like to have a clue what it is. Perhaps something I ate that day? or didn't eat? Maybe I'm trying too hard for that day or something? It only happens every once in a while, actually about twice in the past two weeks. Sometimes it's not so bad, sometimes I have to stop exercising it hurts so much (that's when it worries me). Anyone know? I hope so. Well, that's all. If I don't cut off here I'll think of something else and start rambling and drive you all nuts.

Thanks!
Tiffy

Welcome Tiffy,

I'm obviously not Cathe, but have been around enough to konw that your question will lead Cathe to a question of her own...when you say "when I'm exercising I get a sharp pain in my left side, always only my left," what kind of exercise are you doing? Cardio, running, strength training?

If you answer that, Cathe will better be able to answer your question.

I'm ready to take the next step! http://www.smilies-world.de/Smilies/Smilies_klein_1/a_smil09.gif

Oops! I'm sorry, I should have known that, heh. The pain just shows up when I'm running or doing cardio.

Thanks for the help there :)

Tiffy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.