Hi Everyone!

Cathe Friedrich

Administrator
I'll be on the forums for about an hour or so. If you have any questions about the Shock Cardio workouts, I will be happy to answer them. Ok...gonna go get caught up on the forums. I'll keep checking back to this thread :)

Hi Cathe!!

No questions for you. Just wanted to take the opportunity to wish you and your family Happy Holidays!!!

wow! Am I first?? This is awesome ;-) This is expertise related, not necessarily STS related...do you have any advice for me and Jess as we head into our Group Kick (BTS training) next weekend?! We need STAMINA and ENDURANCE as the training is 8+ hours a day Fri-Sat-Sun...and needless to say, while we have built up great endurance through all of your amazing workouts (and spinning and running), any tips you have so we can make it through the weekend (even any snack tips since we need to bring lots of those!), would be awesome!!

Say a little "fitness prayer" for us...we'll need it ;-)

Hiiiiiii Cathe!

Hi Cathe!
How are you? I cant wait to get STS. My question is, When are you coming to San Diego? I have to tell you, my DH got orders to Australia!:D:D I'm so happy and excited for this, but sad because I won't see you again untill, I don't know.
We will be leaving between Jul-15 and Aug-1 next year so I hope I can see you before that:(

I just want to say that I am super excited about these workouts. Thank you for doing a heavy bag workout!!! I hope you do more of these in the future.

Do you have an update for us?

Happy Holidays to you and your family!

Hiiii!

Great to see you here! I don't have any questions either but can hardly wait til Santa (in the BROWN suit) brings STSSC to my front door! Thanks Cathe for a gift of health. Wishing you & your family a wonderful holiday season! BIG HUGS!

Last edited:
Hi Eunice! I will be going to San Diego on March 26th to the 28th. I hope to meet you :) Congrat's on the Australia move. Don't worry, we'll keep in touch. With the internet, nobody is too far away...:)

Hi Cathe!
How are you? I cant wait to get STS. My question is, When are you coming to San Diego? I have to tell you, my DH got orders to Australia!:D:D I'm so happy and excited for this, but sad because I won't see you again untill, I don't know.
We will be leaving between Jul-15 and Aug-1 next year so I hope I can see you before that:(

Hi LaDonna! The heavy bag workout is 20 minutes and a lot of fun. You will do traditional and non-traditional movement patterns to keep your heart rate up. Editing is in its VERY final stage. So far everything is still on target :)

I just want to say that I am super excited about these workouts. Thank you for doing a heavy bag workout!!! I hope you do more of these in the future.

Do you have an update for us?

Happy Holidays to you and your family!

Santa in the BROWN suit....that is sooo funny Deb! I like that!:D Enjoy your rocking workouts!

Great to see you here! I don't have any questions either but can hardly wait til Santa (in the BROWN suit) brings STSSC to my front door! Thanks Cathe for a gift of health. Wishing you & your family a wonderful holiday season! BIG HUGS!

Cathe, what is the best way to burn body fat for women?

How do you keep your weight down around the holidays? Do you ever count calories or just eat clean?

-Ashley

Last edited:
Thanks

No questions for me either and I know you've heard it a thousand times but thank you from the bottom of my heart for giving us the gift of being healthy. I started life as a very thin person with metabolism out of this world and then after graduating from high school and having 2 children just about gave up.
Now, I get up at 4 am to do my STS and have decided to do my first figure competition in June 2010. I love the Cathe workouts and love being pushed to the limit each time I do them. Thank you for your explination of the correct way to lift weights, the correct muscles that we use!
Hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday season! BTW- After the STS and you do the stretch right after is the music from Hymnscapes? I have all the CD's and love them.

Hello

Hi Cathe,

I don't have any questions. I just wanted to tell you I love your workouts. You have changed my life. I can't wait for shock cardio!!!:D

Hi Jolene!

Good Luck to you both. You are beyond ready for the training. You are two uberfit ladies with amazingly strong hearts and defined muscles. This will be a breeze for you :D. I'm assuming that a good portion of the 8 hours per day is lecture and demo practice with breaking into groups. I could be wrong, its been a while since I attended one.

Pack a small cooler and have good energy snacks on hand...ie...trail mix, apple and peanut butter, a scoop of protein powder to mix into a lowfat milk, fresh berries to mix into non-fat yogurt etc.

Then for your meals have egg whites and one yolk with ezekiel bread and brocolli, for lunch a fish (if possibe) with steamed veggies and brown rice, for dinner a 99% lean turkey burger with green veggies (or a dark green salad) sweet potatoe, all just suggestions of course......Good Luck, keep me posted!

wow! Am I first?? This is awesome ;-) This is expertise related, not necessarily STS related...do you have any advice for me and Jess as we head into our Group Kick (BTS training) next weekend?! We need STAMINA and ENDURANCE as the training is 8+ hours a day Fri-Sat-Sun...and needless to say, while we have built up great endurance through all of your amazing workouts (and spinning and running), any tips you have so we can make it through the weekend (even any snack tips since we need to bring lots of those!), would be awesome!!

Say a little "fitness prayer" for us...we'll need it ;-)

Hi Cathe--just did a little Christmas shopping on Shop Cathe last night. I wish everyone in my family was as easy to shop for as my sister who also is a Cathe fan. We are eagerly anticipating Shock Cardio. If it comes before Christmas, I'm wrapping mine and putting it under the tree as a gift to myself.

Have you thought about taking your Eggland's Best Roadshow to any military bases? Most have great, state-of-the-art exercise facilities with big studios for aerobics. Would love to see you do one at Quantico Marine Corps Base in Virginia.

Hope you have a happy and healthy holiday.
~michelle

Hi Ashley!

Eat clean, well as clean as possible (it is the holiday season of course). Weight train 30 to 40 minutes 4 days per week. Do cardio 30 to 40 minutes 4 to 5 days per week.

I'm not a calorie counter....I would lose track of how many went in ;). I'm a BIG EATER, but I try to make wise choices to balance out my not so wise choices :eek:

Being consistent to working out is key, as well as changing your workouts for variety...and changing your diet around too. Your diet needs to be shocked just as much as your workout program. Just make as many shockingly healthy food choices as possible.

Cathe, what is the best way to burn body fat for women?

How do you keep your weight down around the holidays? Do you ever count calories or just eat clean?

-Ashley

This is wonderful news Isuretri! Loving to hear that you are motivated and even taking your hard work and energy to a fitness competition. We all do better with goals to reach....good for you. Good luck and thank you for the very kind words!

No questions for me either and I know you've heard it a thousand times but thank you from the bottom of my heart for giving us the gift of being healthy. I started life as a very thin person with metabolism out of this world and then after graduating from high school and having 2 children just about gave up.
Now, I get up at 4 am to do my STS and have decided to do my first figure competition in June 2010. I love the Cathe workouts and love being pushed to the limit each time I do them. Thank you for your explination of the correct way to lift weights, the correct muscles that we use!
Hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday season! BTW- After the STS and you do the stretch right after is the music from Hymnscapes? I have all the CD's and love them.

Hey Cathe!

Just dropped in to let you know that I finished the 3-month STS undulation rotation today and I feel pumped! It went by like a breeze and I upped my failure sets by 2-3 reps on every workout! Woohooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

Taking the next week off and then do some regular rotation until Shock Cardio comes (hopefully Greek Postal Services won't delay delivery...)

A big THANK YOU for an amazing 9-months of STS lifting!!!

Chris.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.