Hi Cathe!

DebbieH

Cathlete
I am curious if what I am thinking might be too much and would love your input! I just wrapped up a rotation of doing MIS 3X/week, so of course that means working each body part 3X/week. I have decided to combine your PS & CTX body parts only working one body part per day. After doing this today, I just have this feeling (even though my triceps are SCREAMING :7) that I feel like I may want to do maybe MIS once a week so I will get each part 2X/week. Have I totally confused you yet? Or besides, Mis, I could even do a circuit workout. Any advice would be so appreciated. THANX!(P.S. I am also doing cardio 6X/week.)

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH :)
"If You Get The Chance To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!"

One more thing!

I just happened to think that there are 6 body parts and I always take Sunday's off as my day of rest. Sooo, if I did a upper body part on the day I do legs and then dbl. up on another day with two parts, that would bring me to 4 days and I could take the 5th. day off from strength training & then do a total body workout the 6th. day. Sorry, I am not very good at expressing what I am TRYING to say. Here would be an example week:

Monday~Cardio & Triceps
Tuesday~Cardio & Biceps & Chest
Wednesday~Cardio & Back
Thursday~Cardio & Legs & Shoulders
Friday~Cardio only
Saturday~MIS or a total body workout
Sunday~REST!!!

Sorry for babbling on. I know what I am thinking and hope I have explained it well enough for you to figure out what I mean!!:7

Thank again!

Hi Ruth!

No, actually, I will be doing ABS at least 3X/week, if not more. I always do them in my classes (only two classes in the Summer) and then they are in MIS. I didn't think to mention them. I like doing ABS. Have you done StepHeat ABS? They are great! Thanks for asking, Ruth.

RE: Hi Ruth!

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jul-03-01 AT 03:45PM (Est)[/font][p]Hi Debbie,
Well, I knew all along 1 day/wk would be too good to be true! LOL
I just bought Step Heat, but have not previewed it yet.
I was interested in the rotation you posted...I think I will try it. :)
Ruth

question for Debbie

I noticed that you are working triceps on Monday, then chest on Tuesday. Doesn't most chest work use the tricep muscles as well? Just wondering if that wouldn't give the triceps enough recovery time.
I am going through the same thing - trying to do one body part/day, but hitting each part twice a week and I haven't figured out a rotation that works yet! I might end up just doing each upper body part once a week and adding in extra leg work on days that I have time.
Erica

Hi Erica!

Actually, I just used that format as an example. I am not sure what order to do them in yet. I did triceps yesterday and then I did biceps today. I have noticed that doing both the CTX & PS series back-to-back, that I DO have to lower my weight on some of the moves, especially when I near the end & my muscles are fatigued...but, it did feel good. I can really feel my triceps today from yesterday's workout. I'm wondering if there is such a thing as a "good order" to do these body parts or if it's good to just shake them up from time-to-time??? I'll let you know how I do. Thanks, Erica, for making me think on this!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.