hair removal

jecca24

can anyone recommend a good hair removal product?
I'm tempted to buy Nad's or Epil Stop-Spray but would
like to know how well they work before I invest!
Thanks!

I have tried both products and unfortunately they did not work on me. Finding a real great hair removal product is a quest that I am always on and thus far have found anything worthwhile.

I've tried Nad's and can say that it doesn't work well at all. I've had good success with regular waxing products purchased from a beauty supply store. They make products that can be microwaved. Just follow directions on the container. Use baby oil to remove any excess wax on the skin and follow by a wash with shampoo to remove the oil. Regular soap often will not remove the oil but shampoo contains ingredients that will. Of course, a professional wax is always the best!!

Cindy

I think Nad's works awesomely (is that a word?) on the bikini area - what a money saver. However, it is frustrating and useless anywhere else.

I also tried Remington's Epilator after hearing big raves for it. I actually tried it on my armpits (the pain was horrible at first, but you can now buy numbing sprays to help) and I must say that my hair did not grow back for three weeks, however, I also tried it on my arms, but unfortunately for some reason it did not work - it did not remove hair from the root and only left me with stubble.

As for wax, the best that I have tried is ceripil (blue wax) which is for professional use only, however I was able to get my hands on some but only use it for facial purposes.

As far as razors go, I prefer men's razors which give me a better shave - I like the Gillete Mach one and even prefer it over the Venus which was made for women.

Poetic brand wax.

This is the wax that my esthetician recoemmends for when you are away or need a touch up that you want to do at home. I gave it to my mom when she went on a six month cruise and it works. It also smells great and leaves your skin really soft. You can get it at QVC but I think you can also get it other places. I recommend getting a good esthetician if your budget allows. Waxing can be painful at first and if someone else is doing it they can apply pressure to the area that was waxed and also for some reason not having to do it to yourself makes it hurt less. THis is only my opinion.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.