gratitude (sort of LONG)

LWD

Hi Cathe,
There is a question somewhere in here. But first I want to tell you how filled with gratitude I am that you have shared your killer workouts with us. I commute between Hong Kong and California, and when I am in California, I work out at home. Your workouts allow me to stay fit while in Hong Kong (there is no gym near me), and actually -- to be in better shape than when I am in the US. I am always amazed at the level to which you push yourself and, through the videos, the rest of us. But more than that, I am grateful. I love to be pushed to my max, and I can always count on you.
So... Thank you.

Soon my husband and I will be moving to San Francisco (YEAY!), and I am looking forward to using the videos there. I don't think I could get nearly the same level workout in a gym (though I will join one anyway).

Here's the question:
I am advanced, and usually work within the upper end of my heart rate zone for 30-50 minutes (total workout time varies b/t 30 and 70 minutes) 6 days per week. (Upper end heart rate being in the 140s and 150s bpm) And I am wondering whether you think using CTX will lower cardiovascular fitness if used for more than a couple weeks. I have noticed that whereas these tapes are intense, my heart rate is in the upper end for only 15 minutes at most on any of the 6 tapes (power circuit and 10-10-10 being the most intense for me).

I hope you don't take this as a criticism of the new tapes, I adore them.. I was just wondering how you thought of them as fitting into an advanced advanced exercise routine. I know you have said you can take on extra cardio, but how many times do you recommend doing that?

Thanks again,

Laura

Hi Laura! I'm not Cathe, but can I tell you what I did? I did 2 tapes a day. The warmup and cardio of say...SNI and then the cardio of Power Circut, then the weight work of each and the cool down of whichever was the last tape of weight work. It only took a half hour more and I got 40-50min. of cardio and worked each muscle group twice a week this way. I recently went off this rotation(just last weekend) and decided to do BodyMax to start my new rotation(always a killer for me). But I was surprised! I was able to do BMax better this time! In both cardio and weight work! I don't know if you have the time to tack on that extra half hour, but it really helped me!! Hope this helps you also!!

Aimee

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.