Glistening with Sweat

<center><font size="1" color="#ff0000">LAST EDITED ON Apr-18-00 AT 00:47AM (EST)</font></center>

Hey Cathe!
How are you? I hope your little one is doin' good. I always wondered (I hope you know) why is it that when I work out at home or at the club doing step aerobics or hi-lo, that I sweat profusely? I mean I really sweat. The sweat runs into my shoes and I always need to change aerobic clothes immediatly after. (Nice picture isn't it?) I must stop to wipe down and around my bench or I'll slip. I must admit though that when I was there It was such a relief that your club has that rug. This is a problem for me. Is this a good thing or bad? I'm not overweight or anything of the such. I think I have a pretty good looking physique. 5'10", 145 and truly muscular. What's up with that? Thanks!
Candy

sweating your tush off

My theory-the more conditioned you are, the more efficient you are in your response to exercise...your body is able to regulate itself more efficiently and one of the mechanisms by which our body cools is through perspiration. And some people are just genetically predisposed to being rather "sweaty", including me
happy.gif
This may not be 100% correct, but I'm sure I remember this from exercise phys. (when I wasn't sleeping...just kidding!)
julie

Hi Candy!

Some people just sweat much more than others. Since this seems to be a regular occurence/pattern for you, you may very likely be one of these people. But as always, if it is really concerning you, you really do need to ask your doctor
happy.gif

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.