FIT TV wants your input

Cathe Friedrich

Administrator
Hi Everyone! As I mentioned yesterday, I had a meeting with FIT TV and one of the things that we discussed was getting more viewer feedback to help them provide even better programming to their customers.

If you would like to participate in supplying this feedback, please answer the following questions.

1) What time of day do you typically workout? Please be specific (ie: mornings at 5am)

2) How many days a week do you typically workout and what are those days (ie: Mon, Wed, Fri)?

3) If you get FIT TV now and you are watching it....

a)what programming would you like to see that you are not seeing now?

b)what programming ARE you seeing that you would like to see more of?

4) Would you typically prefer a 30 minute or 60 minute program?

5) Feel free to make any other suggestions or comments if they have not been addressed here.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR HELPING OUT!
Cathe
:)

Hi Cathe! I would be happy to participate; here are my answers.

1. PM hours, 6-7 PM MST
2. Monday through Saturday (6 times a week)
3. Dish Network does not provide FIT TV. I wish Fit TV would approach Dish Network on our behalf.
4. 60 minute workouts would be beneficial for me.
5. Again, it would be nice for FIT TV to be offered on Dish Network. Or, if that is not possible, maybe start up a web based petition for all DISH network subscribers to send to them.

Thanks for everything and have a wonderful day everybody!!!!:)

Melissa
Paragonah, UT

Hi Cathe, could you tell me how do you get Fit TV-I live in Manahawkin, NJ and have Comcast Cable. I looked on my tv and can not find it, is it something you must order? Thanks, Pam:D

1. I workout at 5 am Tues., Wed, Thurs.

2. Usually I workout 5-6 days a week (the other days my time is more flexible)

3. I do not have Fit TV, but I do have all your DVD's.

4. If a good warm up and cool down is included, then 60 minutes would be a good workout program.

Susan C.M.

Hi Cathe,

I agree with Melissa from Utah re: petitioning Dish Network to get Fit TV. I go to my parents' home in order to watch Fit TV, which isn't always convenient. My answers to questions are the following:

1. Morning 9:00-9:30 and PM 6:00-7:00.
2. I workout 6 days a week- not same days or time every week.
3. I think offering a 30 minute workout and a 60 minute workout would be great. I wish FIT TV would eliminate the commercials until the end of the workout like they did when they first started. Tammilee Webb states in some of her workouts that this is Fit TV and we keep going for 20 minutes w/o interruption.
4. I like how Fit TV offers programs several times a day at different times.

I hope this information is helpful. Have a great day and God Bless!!

Shirl

Hi Cathe,

1. Mon-Thurs 1:30 p.m., Fri-8:00 a.m.. Sat & Sun - mornings.

2. 6 and the days vary.

3. I do not get FIT TV

4. 30 minutes

5. I would love to get FIT TV but our cable company does not offer it.

Joanne
Minnesota

1. I workout (usually) at 2:00 p.m.

2. Monday through Saturday, if all goes well!

3. I do not have Fit TV (but am going to call Comcast to find out about it!)

4. 60 minutes would be great!

I, too, am unable to get FitTV and would love for them to be available on Dish Network. I work out five - six days/week @ 4:30 a.m. but LOVE your videos/DVDs so much that I'm sure I would continue w/them & watch FitTV @ other times. I would be interested in many topics including form pointers, various types of exercise, nutrition, general "fit" information and the "older-fit." (I'm 51).

Thanks!
Bette

Hi Cathe, I'm happy to participate.

1. Afternoons - 5:30 - 6:30.
2. I workout Sunday through Friday.
3. I get Fit TV on Time Warner Digital Cable. I mainly watch Cathe and Sharon Mann and would like to see more Cathe.
4. I prefer a 60 minute program.
5. During cardio workouts, I would like to see all the commercials at the end. Some of the sculpting workouts need to be edited a little better to provide consistency in working the body parts.

Thanks.

Hi Cathe!

If you would like to participate in supplying this feedback, please answer the following questions.

1) Workout mornings between 5:30 and 8:30 am

2) Aim for 6 days/week- Monday thru Saturday, Sunday off

3) a)not seeing Pilates workouts, would like to see once in a while;
maybe interviews with health & fitness pros
b)would like to see more of you of course

4) 60 min.

Thanks for asking!
Gina

Hi Cathe!

1. Usually mornings at 6am
2. 6 days a week - Monday thru Saturday
3. I don't get FIT TV but I would watch it if I did.
4. 60 minute programs

JoJo

1) What time of day do you typically workout? 5:45 a.m.

2) How many days a week do you typically workout and what are those days? Sat-Thu, 6 days per week.

Cathe,
1) I workout in the evenings starting between 6:15 or 6:30 p.m. for one hour. I also sometimes workout in the mornings from 6:00-7:00 a.m. (this was my schedule for 3 years-I recently switched).

2) I typically workout 5-6 days per week (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday)

3) I do not know whether I get Fit TV, but I have DirecTV. I do not watch it, but I may watch it to see my favorite instructor in action.

4) 60 minute program (w/ no commercials : ) )

5) FitTV should let viewers know what channel they are on the various sattelite systems like DirecTV.

Thanks!

1) 5:30 - 6:30 am or somewhere in the 9 - 11 am range, also pilates, stretch or yoga in the evening, all PACIFIC time

2) Workouts 5-6 days; but rest days usually include some stretching or yoga. Days vary

3)

a) A more dynamic yoga program
A show that emphasizes balance & flexibility
A pilates show
More on outside recreation e.g. how to start mountain biking or great nordic ski resorts

b) YOU

4) either

5) Biggest gripe is that one can't tell from the TV schedule what type of workout is going to be played. Caribbean Workout is one of my favorites, but "Episode 61" doesn't tell me if it's strength, step or they're going to have their wonderful pilates instructor work with Shelly.

Timing of shows doesn't matter a lot because one can always record a favorite show.

There are too many spa shows that emphasize expensive treatments & foreign locations. Feels like Lifestyles of the Rich & Famous rather than fitness.

Debra

YES, Cathe!! Thank you for ASKING!!

1) What time of day do you typically workout? Please be specific (ie: mornings at 5am)

Mornings at 6 am, or evenings at 6:30 pm.

2) How many days a week do you typically workout and what are those days (ie: Mon, Wed, Fri)?

I typically work out 5 days a week. sometimes 6. Always with videos/dvds.

3) If you get FIT TV now and you are watching it....

Yes, that is me...

a)what programming would you like to see that you are not seeing now?

I would like to see :
MORE WORKOUTS. I love the workouts and that is my main reason for watching. Other shows I like are Fitness Secrets of the Stars, and fitness Fantasy.

-If Fit Tv is looking for more non-workout programming ideas, I would LOVE a show where you go to the hottest gyms across the country, show the new stuff trainers are doing (i.e. bosu, body bar, agility training, etc), and have segments with the top trainers like Keli Roberts, Mindy Mylrea, etc. INSTANT HIT SHOW!!!!

-another idea for a show is one that shows HOW athletes train for a PARTICULAR, specific sport. It could be called something like "Train like a..." then you fill in the blank with Swimmer, gymnast, fitness competitor, triathlete, hockey player, basketball player, etc. etc., then you have the host follow an athlete through their workouts (maybe over the course of a week, or something - what ever works) and their diet plan. This would be a must-watch show.
A good host would also help.

-More programming that has less commercial breaks in-between
(i.e. like Aerobic condiditoning-a 20-min nonstop workout, THEN commercial)I understand that commercials pay for the network so you NEED commercials :). Just better placement would be an improvement.

-Dreaming list: More variety in the workouts: med ball cardio, bosu cardio. More weights, resistance bands, rebounder. And please try and keep some tough workouts in there!! ;) They do a pretty good job with variety, so I can't complain too much. I would just like to see more more more. :)

-I would LOVE to see a NEW program starring Ginette Deslauriers (who has a canadian show called Kardio Knockout). She is awesome and I think given a program that would suit her style, she could would be great!!

-can you get ahold of Margaret Richard's show? she seems to be pretty popular with at-home exercisers and I bet having her show would get some hits for you.

-Practical list: more yoga programming. More straight strength work. Newer programming: NEW Sharon Mann shows, NEW Tamilee (please!! because I love Tamilee).

-As for types of shows, I would love to see a new exercise show, starring Cathe, that is an hour long. She could do cardio, strength training, and the occasional yoga or pilates workout.
She could use VARIOUS equipment - especially the high step, bosu, stability ball, and medicine ball, and resistance bands. :)

b)what programming ARE you seeing that you would like to see more of?

All of the workout shows. All of them I like. I like Gilad (who doesn't love Gilad) Sharon Mann is great, Tamilee is great, I like Breathing Space Yoga a lot (but it's on at weird times for me).I also like Caribbean Workout, but I only ever see the workouts
with Shelly (who is good), but why do you have David in the promos if he isn't in any of the programs?

4) Would you typically prefer a 30 minute or 60 minute program?

They both have their place. Although fit TV has PLENTY of 30-minute programming right now. So a few 60 - min workout shows would be GREAT!! How about a 60-min made-for-fit TV Cathe show? ;) ;)

5) Feel free to make any other suggestions or comments if they have not been addressed here.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR HELPING OUT

No problem!! thank you for asking!!

Hi Cathe - my input

* I exercise typically six days per week. Usually one day off during the week. During the week, I work out about 5-5:30 pm. On weekends, usually about 3:00 in the afternoon depending on schedule.

* Programs I'd like to see: Obviously much more of all of your workouts by name, not Peak Performance. In addition, other well-known instructors like Gin Miller, Kari Anderson, Kathy Smith.

* I think it would also be good to advertise sites we all visit and shop/share at e.g. video fitness, collage video, Cathe.com, The Step Co., Fitness Wearhouse online, etc.

* I'd like to see more strength workouts - all of yours including the new ones. 60 minutes as well as 30 (when you're pressed for time)

* Commercials at the end of the workouts. I haven't worked out with Fit TV because of the commercials. If they were at the end, I would.

Take Care and thanks for all you do. I know you'll get many more Cathe fans through your exposure with Step Co. and Fit TV - no one deserves it more!

Mar:)

Cathe,

1)I workout mostly from 7:30-8:30pm. And alot of times during my child's nap from 1-2pm

2) I work out 6 days a week Mon-Sat

3. I get FitTV and I mostly watch Cathe at 9:00pm Central time-I just watch- don't workout because that is too late for me.(too tired!)

4 60 minute program with no commercials

5. If there is a way to cut down on the commercials or play all commercials in between the programs would be VERY nice.

>1) What time of day do you typically workout? Please be
>specific (ie: mornings at 5am)
I workout in a window between 4 p.m. and 8 p.m. Central time
>
>2) How many days a week do you typically workout and what are
>those days (ie: Mon, Wed, Fri)?
Usually 5-6 days a week. I often take Monday off and sometimes Friday.
>
>3) If you get FIT TV now and you are watching it....

>a)what programming would you like to see that you are not
>seeing now?
More hour-long exercise segments with no commercial breaks.
Vegetarian cooking (the real, no-fish, no-chicken, kind).
A weekly or monthly "news"type show that would bring us the latest findings in the areas of health and fitness, based on current research.
>
>b)what programming ARE you seeing that you would like to see
>more of?
LOVE the caribbean workouts. Varied and innovative, and great instructor (even if only 30minutes long).
>
>4) Would you typically prefer a 30 minute or 60 minute
>program?
>
60 minute
>5) Feel free to make any other suggestions or comments if they
>have not been addressed here.
I find the "Spa" shows to be boring and repetitive.
Too many reruns of most non-exercise shows.
Thanks for bringing great instructors like Cathe F. and Shelly (of Caribbean workout) into our homes!
>
>THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR HELPING OUT!
>Cathe
>:)

1) 9:00 pm CT
2) 6 days Mon-Sat
3) I receive Fit-Tv and am watching
a) Weight Training only (no cardio), Treadmill Training, Anything Cathe, Kickboxing
b) Cathe, Caribbean Workout
4) 60 min

Here you go!!

1) Weekdays @ 4:00PM and Weekends @ 7:00AM.

2) Mon-Wed-Thurs @4:00PM, Sat-Sun @ 7:00AM, Tues @ 12:00PM.

3) Yes I get FIT TV and I do watch it.
a) Body building competitions for male and female, Female fitness competitions, triathlons, profiling someone in preperation for fitness competetions, outline their fitness routine and specefic diets, 1/2 hour show that talks about health & fitness, diet & latest trends in working out, profiling other athletes w/their diets & workouts, triathlons, cycling, marathons, and healthy cooking shows.
b)Shows like the very first Discovery Health Body Challenge (DHBS).

4) It depends on the program. If it is a triathlon, fitness show, DHBS the program should be one hour. If it's cooking show 30 minutes.

Terri
:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.