A few questions on the not-so-new site

L Sass

Cathlete
Hi Chris and Cathe. I know you all have to be extraordinarily busy as you continue to work on STS, but I'm hoping that you might be able to share some thoughts when you get a moment.

On the Cathenation site, can you give us some information?

I think most of us still do not get e-mail notifications when relpies are posted to a thread to which we are subscribed. Is that still being worked on? Or will it just not happen anymore? The option to get "instant" e-mail notifications" appears to do nothing for some of us.

I've been holding off on purchasing the nutrition software package because of the glitches. And I see there are still issues on the WM. I know you said it will take a while to get these glitches corrected, but do you ever see a point where we will have full access to everything we've signed up for without needing to log out, re-log in, or log in on numerous pages, or needing to clear our cookies, etc. Will this just be the way this new site works, or will there be a smoother flow?

Finally, and forgive me for being repititious, I'm wondering about the ability to print out all of the STS exercises so as to complete our 1RM's. Any way you guys could reduce those to some kind of word document and e-mail them as an attachment to all of us? Like when you send out e-mail notices of announcements, price tier changes, etc - except this would have the STS list attached. I'm finding it difficult to break it all up by discs and would love to keep track of everything as I go, and then enter all of my numbers in one session when I'm through.

As I said I know how swamped you all are, so please forgive me if I'm asking too much. Thanks for all of your efforts.

I have to say I don't have any trouble with the WM and the Nutrition Software, both work well for me. As far as signing in the way it works without any trouble for me is to sign into Cathe nation first then go to the Forums page..If I start signed in at the Forums page it wont let me into the Cathe nation page.

I do agree with you though about getting email notification when replying to the forums.

I do love the new site though! The Calendar and the Nutrion part are my favorites!!!
Elena

This is total speculation on my part, but I wonder if the reason you are not getting notification emails is the same reason so many people had trouble getting new passwords emailed to them. If it is the same automated email system that is used to reset passwords, it may be that some ISPs are rejecting the emails.

Like I said, that's just a guess. Is there anyone whose email notifications ARE working?

Hi Chris and Cathe. I know you all have to be extraordinarily busy as you continue to work on STS, but I'm hoping that you might be able to share some thoughts when you get a moment.

On the Cathenation site, can you give us some information?

I think most of us still do not get e-mail notifications when relpies are posted to a thread to which we are subscribed. Is that still being worked on? Or will it just not happen anymore? The option to get "instant" e-mail notifications" appears to do nothing for some of us.

I've been holding off on purchasing the nutrition software package because of the glitches. And I see there are still issues on the WM. I know you said it will take a while to get these glitches corrected, but do you ever see a point where we will have full access to everything we've signed up for without needing to log out, re-log in, or log in on numerous pages, or needing to clear our cookies, etc. Will this just be the way this new site works, or will there be a smoother flow?

Finally, and forgive me for being repititious, I'm wondering about the ability to print out all of the STS exercises so as to complete our 1RM's. Any way you guys could reduce those to some kind of word document and e-mail them as an attachment to all of us? Like when you send out e-mail notices of announcements, price tier changes, etc - except this would have the STS list attached. I'm finding it difficult to break it all up by discs and would love to keep track of everything as I go, and then enter all of my numbers in one session when I'm through.

As I said I know how swamped you all are, so please forgive me if I'm asking too much. Thanks for all of your efforts.

We will always continue to analyze and improve the WM and our online site. This work will never stop and will always continue, but we really are now down to only a few issues affecting only some people. When we release the next WM this week it should solve the load speed issue and this is really our last major issue. Don’t get me wrong, we still have plenty of minor bugs to fix and this will always be ongoing.

The Nutrition program is actually working about as well as could be expected. We have hundreds of users now that are really not having any problems logging in or any major issues. There will always be people that have some problems as there is no way for anyone to write a program that will work on every browser version and every computer configuration. We will also continue to analyze Nutrition software problems we see reported in our forums and try to fix them.

As for email subscriptions notifications, this is not something we have looked into except for the problem with people not receiving their lost password request. I’m currently not aware of any settings that could be changed in the software that would improve the number of people receiving email notifications, but I will certainly look into it when time permits. The problem is most likely caused by ISP’s blocking our emails from our server. There are things we might be able to do to reduce this from happening, but we will never be able to stop it entirely from occurring.

As for a 1RM list there is already one available in our STS forums that sounds exactly like what you’re looking for.

We’re continuing to improve and develop features for the WM and The Cathe Nation. We’ve only been in beta for about one month now and have already fixed hundreds of reported bugs and added several new features. As each week goes by we will continue to make improvements and fix bugs, but we will never reach a point where there are not some people who have problems. We also expect to be in beta for many more months and encourage everyone to report any problems in our support forums.

Last edited:
I just joined Nutrition Manager last night - bought the one year option and I think in just this short time I can already see that I will get the value out of it. It's inituitive to use and helped me quickly schedule my meals today with some new insight. In addition they have already added video tutorials there.

I DO have to login in with a few extra clicks because of a glitch - and I haven't gotten info yet on how to get my 10% discount. So some things are still getting tweaked.

Just wanted you to know that it's really cool and I'm glad I didn't wait any longer....

BTW-I am getting email notifications on updates, so some of that is working, but I am a new member.

Take Care!

Thanks SO MUCH for taking the time to respond Chris! Funny - about half an hour ago I received my first e-mail notification -- no others, but one is a start. So I'll keep hoping. I'll look at the STS forum for the complete list of exercises that need the 1RM done. Thanks again!

WOOOOOAAAAHHHH! Hi Chris -- I don't know what you just did, but 10 minutes ago I checked my e-mails and I had zero. I just popped back and I had 43!!!!!! LOL. Yep -- every single one was a cathenation thread notification. Too funny. Hopefully they will keep coming as posted now - though 43 was hysterical! Thanks.

I started getting notifications today too! And now that I've turned them off, I'm still getting notifications! LOL! There seems to be a bit of a lag...

Hmmm, I've changed my email back to the email where I wasn't receiving notifications before and see if it works for me. Keeping my fingers crossed of course.

WOOOOOAAAAHHHH! Hi Chris -- I don't know what you just did, but 10 minutes ago I checked my e-mails and I had zero. I just popped back and I had 43!!!!!! LOL. Yep -- every single one was a cathenation thread notification. Too funny. Hopefully they will keep coming as posted now - though 43 was hysterical! Thanks.

I had some time to do some investigating on this today and found that our webhost provider had never created what is known as a PTR record for our email account. Without this record many ISP’s will automatically reject an email as spam. This has now been corrected and I think this will solve many of the email issues that many people have experienced since we launched www.thecathenation.com. So I’m glad this is helping some if not all people.

There is still one more issue I found in tracing the path of several test emails today. I’m not sure if this problem will stop any of you from receiving emails, but it possibly could. We have asked the company that handles our email server to investigate and they agree the problem is on their end. They are currently investigating this issue and the trouble ticket remains open at this time. But hopefully this one remaining problem will not stop any of you from receiving emails from our forum server.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.