A Few Questions

Max

Hi Cathe:

Just a few more days now till May 1st. I can hardly wait. :-jumpy

A few questions if you don't mind. First, when will your new studio be ready?

Kinda funny that I can barely wait for the new DVDs, but at the same time am already looking forward to all the neat stuff you'll be doing when the new studio is complete.

2nd, have you ever tested yourself to see how many pushups you can do with those pushup bars to isolate your chest more? How many without stopping I mean? You incorporate that into your circuit workouts, but I was just wondering if you've ever tried doing that apart from everything else. No doubt you could do a whole lot. Every now and then I like to push the envelope to see what I can do in certain areas. How many reps of one thing or trying to max out on a weight. That's mainly a guy thing I know, but still I like to test myself every now and then and try to maintain good form at the same time too of course. Otherwise it's useless. Thanks in advance.

Your sis in fitness,

Maxine.

Hi Maxine! Nice to hear from you. If all goes perfectly as planned (which rarely happens of course ;-))the new studio should be ready to go by late fall. We are very excited about it too.

I did have a push up contest with my husband once and I came in at 84 push ups (but we did not use the push up handles). I can't say what my form looked like since of course I had to keep looking up to see if he was still push-uping too. But I can say that I won, YIPPEE!!

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON May-07-01 AT 03:46PM (Est)[/font][p]Most men would hesitate to get in a fight with you!!!!! ;-)

I like the drawing of the walking tracks around the cardio section. We indoor walkers like to have stuff to look at! And the folks on the cardio machines can watch us!

84 Push-ups, way to go Cathe! You rule girl! What did your hubby have to say about that? :7

That kinda reminds me of something someone said at a wedding party for a friend of mine a few years ago. I'll never forget it.
He asked my best friend Linda to hold out her right hand with her palm facing downward. He then said to his best friend,

"OK Brad, now hold out your hand and put it on top of hers."

He then said,

"Enjoy this moment Brad, it's the last time you'll ever have the upper hand."

Everybody there just roared with laughter. It was hilarious!

Love,

Maxy

P.S. Speaking of weddings, check out my message about a Cathe video fan I met over the past weekend in Buffed Bridesmaid in the other forum.

I just did a personal 4th of July challenge (things are dull around here)of how many big-boy pushups I could do without stopping, and I am proud to say that at the age of 51 years and 7 months old I did 75!:7

I really want to top Cathe's 84, and I bet if I tried real hard I could do it.

WOW!!!

Honeybunch, you rock, girl!

Kathy S.

(Aspiring at age 45 (soon to be 46) to Honeybunch's fitness level!)

You're Awesome!!!!!

I've often wondered how you can bake those delicious cakes, cookies, etc., and still stay so trim and healthy. Now I know! If I could do 75 big boy pushups I'd hire a sky writer.

Way to go!

How Did You Do It?

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jul-04-01 AT 09:24PM (Est)[/font][p]HB-

I've been thinking about this non-stop ever since I first saw your post. As noted, your accomplishment is awesome regardless of age. And your long-standing commitment to a truly advanced fitness routine has been demonstrated on this forum countless times (reading the the weights you use for Cathe's videos makes my eyes water). 75 big boy pushups - WOW - how did you do it? I've struggled for several minutes to write the question in a way that I don't unintentionally offend anyone. Please know this is meant with all greatest respect and admiration and with some hope that perhaps, if I understand how you got there, maybe I can too. It seems like such an incredible feat - one I can't begin to imagine without practically dedicating my whole life to training.

I would put money on a bet that you could top Cathe's 84! Any pearls of wisdom you could share would be greatly appreciated (do marshmallow peeps fit into this anywhere?)

Janet

RE: How Did You Do It?

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jul-05-01 AT 06:38AM (Est)[/font][p]There's no magic....I just try to always train upper body with weights twice a week (if I'm using MIS & BodyMax) or the PS Series with each tape once per week. I don't usually do push-ups unless Cathes does them in whatever tape she doing.

I just wanted to see how many I could so, and I was surprised, 'cause the last time I did that I think I did less than 50, and this was a couple of years ago maybe.

RE: Makes my feat of doing 41 at first

and then sets of 15 til I hit 100 look pretty wimpy. I guess I have something to aspire to.

Way to go Honeybunch.

Kim

RE: Makes my feat of doing 41 at first

I agree Honeybunch you are such an inspiration to me!! That is just incredible :)

Alison

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.