equipment problems - what size step box?

StephieM

Cathe,

What are the dimensions of the step you use for your workouts? I was previously doing the Firm videos and my step is designed for use with their video series. The top is more of a square box (rather than rectangular) shape. I found it very difficult when I tried one of your workouts with my step. I really don't want to spend alot of money on another step - not to mention that I really don't have much storage room (they are quite big). What do you recommend?

One other thing, I have hard wood floors and I was slip sliding all over the place when I tried your workout, making it almost impossible. I do have an exercize mat, but it also slid around and it was much, much too small to cover the space needed for your moves. Please help me find a solution. I really want to be able to use your workouts. This is the first (indoor) workout I've found that is challenging enough for me; I've been running for years (only out in the open, I hate gyms), but this harsh winter has kept me indoors for a couple of weeks already, and I need a supplement for running. Please, please help.

Hi StephieM -

I know that Cathe is in Vegas on a business trip right now so I'm just jumping in to help if I can. You really shouldn't use the Firm box for Cathe's step workouts (as you already realize I know). Here is a link to some info Cathe provides about the steps they use - if you read the column down the left it gives the dimensions. Also, Reebok makes a great step (I own it) that may be just a couple inches less in length but works just as well. I believe there are also shorter versions of both The Step and the Reebok step but I wouldn't recommend them for Cathe's step workouts. Hope this helps! I know you said you don't want to spend a lot of money, but I can assure you that it would be a worthwhile investment if you love Cathe and step!

http://www.cathe.com/steps.htm

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.