Enjoying my Cathe Dvds without the Step

Pippadog1

Cathlete
Hi

A couple of years ago I had to have an arthoscopy on my left knee due to twisting it from walking my dogs. I hated that I couldn't workout with my step dvds whilst I was having knee issues. Anyhow at the moment my right knee is playing up again from twisting when walking. Instead of getting fed up at not working out I've started to reconsider what I can do. As a result its great to try all the Cathe step workouts on the floor. I did IMAX3 yesterday which would be near impossible for my fitness level on a step. But it was great to do it just on the floor. I modified a few of the jumps but it was like doing a brand new workout just doing it on the floor. I can still do the repeat a knees and all the other familiar steps, just without using the step. I just really wanted to say its just great to participate, rather than watch and wait for a time when I can do the workouts with a step again.

I'm looking forward to the low impact series to come out soon. But also I am going to continue on the floor with the rest of my other Cathe workouts. Tomorrow I may try Step Moves, but as my own 'floor moves' lol.

Thanks Cathe for giving me the oppurtunity to participate with step or without. Also other Cathletes give it a try its good fun and you still get a decent workout.

Laura
x

Laura,

Glad to hear someone is having success using the DVDs this way... I'm returning to exercise after about 1 year of being sedentary and I've never been a stepper. My knees feel way too stressed on a 6 inch step..even for Cathe's easiest videos..started one yesterday and quit early. I also just started STS and Disc 3 was about all my knees could take for the whole week even though I only used weights on squats and deadlifts. I have extremely 'crunchy' knees anyways..so not sure if they'll get 'conditioned' to my workouts or not. Think I'll be dropping down to using just the platform for the 'easier' videos and love your idea of using no step to do the more advanced videos that I probably wouldn't make through 10 minutes otherwise..!

Have fun with your new method of working out..! :)

I started doing Cathe without the step. Simply because I couldn't afford it. Then I broke my foot and was doing it with my cast on. Now I am quite used to doing it without the step. Considering my names aren't Grace and coordination, I think I may keep it this way. I have a sneaking suspicion that i might really hurt myself with an actual step!!
And yes, it does give you a workout even without the step.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.