drop sets of pushups

Push ups. ;)

Not Cathe here but as far as I was ever told and speaking from experience as well, the only thing that will truly help you gain the strength/endurance needed for push ups is...well....push ups! Practice makes perfect in this case. :)

I agree with Wendy. I have been doing pushups 3-6 times a week for several months now and that is the only way that I can manage getting through any pushups segment in Cathe's workouts.

Recently I started doing the hundred pushup challenge:

http://www.hundredpushups.com/

It has helped me stay committed to doing pushups consistently. I don't think I will ever be able to do 100 at one time with no breaks but this helps me stay accountable to make sure I don't lose the ability all together.

Good luck!

I agree with Wendy. I have been doing pushups 3-6 times a week for several months now and that is the only way that I can manage getting through any pushups segment in Cathe's workouts.

Recently I started doing the hundred pushup challenge:

http://www.hundredpushups.com/

It has helped me stay committed to doing pushups consistently. I don't think I will ever be able to do 100 at one time with no breaks but this helps me stay accountable to make sure I don't lose the ability all together.

Good luck!

Thanks for posting this link, Julie! I really need to work on my upper body strength and crave some definition! I think this site could be a nice added challlenge (I can do these at work!). What I would really love is to be able to do pull ups on my tower. I can't believe how strong Cathe and crew are! I see that this site is developing a 25 pull-ups challenge, too! I can't wait to get started!
Thanks!
Nancy

Thanks for posting this link, Julie! I really need to work on my upper body strength and crave some definition! I think this site could be a nice added challlenge (I can do these at work!). What I would really love is to be able to do pull ups on my tower. I can't believe how strong Cathe and crew are! I see that this site is developing a 25 pull-ups challenge, too! I can't wait to get started!
Thanks!
Nancy

Actually, Pam in my check-in group, Strength in Numbers, got me started on the challenge. I noticed the pull-up challenge and I have been doing that one too. I am in week 3 of Level 1 and I can say it is helping me get stronger. Still can't do a full body weight pull-up but I am working on it! ;)

Good luck!

Julie -

I have a question for you. What is the Pull-Up Challenge? Is it written somewhere?

Gibbee

Julie -

I have a question for you. What is the Pull-Up Challenge? Is it written somewhere?

Gibbee

If you click on the link above for the hundred pushup challenge, along the left side down a ways, there is a couple of other challenges listed: situps, squats, and pull-ups. I think the 25 pull-up challenge is under development but the 50 pull-up challenge is up and running. The 50 is what I am doing.

Julie,
I have a group together at work for the 100 push-up challenge. It has really turned into a bonding experience! Today I did Day 2 (column 3) and thought my pecs were going to explode :eek:. I did them early to beat the DOMS becuz last night Cathe fried me with STS TB :p! I'm grateful that today is Intensity and Ab Circuits! I'm going to check out the 50 pull up challenge. Do you use your tower for these?
Nancy

Julie,
I have a group together at work for the 100 push-up challenge. It has really turned into a bonding experience! Today I did Day 2 (column 3) and thought my pecs were going to explode :eek:. I did them early to beat the DOMS becuz last night Cathe fried me with STS TB :p! I'm grateful that today is Intensity and Ab Circuits! I'm going to check out the 50 pull up challenge. Do you use your tower for these?
Nancy

I use the tower for the australian pull-ups but I bought an Iron-Gym door pull-up bar for the assisteds (can't do a full one yet). You could use the tower for the assisteds and not buy the iron gym but it was only $25 at Bed, Bath, and Beyond and will actually allow you to do neutral grip pull-ups which I don't think can be done with the tower. I also bought ab-strabs for my iron-gym so that one day I might do hanging leg raises (we'll see though)! :p

Having a buddy system for the push-up challenge has really helped me continue with it. I don't think I would be so dedicated if I didn't have the girls in my check-in group doing it with me.

I hear you on STS TB! The first time I did it, it took me 2 days to recover from the massive DOMS!! :eek:

Good luck with your challenges! They are fun and will definitely make you stronger!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.