Does the order of S&H matter?

murph

Cathlete
I did all 3 today. Usually I do Chest/Back,; Legs/Shoulders, then finish with Triceps/Biceps. Were these meant to be in any particular order--if I can't do them all in one day? (I love these tapes.) I am a red twitch fiber person!!!

ALL IN ONE DAY??!!??!!?? I feel accomplished to get through them in one week with a day of cardio in between each - and I would think order is irrelevant, as long as you do the whole set equally (ie not leave one tape out). I completed a six-week with these tapes and found it useful to do Power Hour (if I was up to it) to round out the week (or stress out the week?!). Have fun...

Joanna

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Sep-19-01 AT 12:44PM (Est)[/font][p]I think the order matters most if you do them back-to-back (ie: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesdy--I wouldn't recommend them all in one day!--unless, that is, you have the workouts on DVD and can pick and choose exercises, doing fewer for each body part, and in the order of legs, back, chest (these two can be switched), shoulders, triceps, biceps (these two can be switched)). Most routines go from largest muscle masses (legs and lower body) to smallest (triceps biceps). The one glitch in this system is that you would be doing shoulders the day before doing chest/back, so they would get worked two days in a row (they are helping muscles for the chest work and back work). I like your order of Chest/Back; Legs/Shoulders; triceps/biceps, but I'd recommend a day off (or cardio) in between the chest/back and legs/shoulders, to again avoid working the shoulders intensely two days in a row.

Hi Murph! Wow, that is a lot of lifting in one day. It is really hard to maintain total focus while doing this many but if you can well then great for you. If you were not going to do them all in one day then I would say the order doesn't matter if you are doing them on non-consecutive days. But if you are going to do them on consecutive days, then I would say to stick the leg workout in between the two uppewr body workouts so that your upper body gets a little rest time.

Okay--that makes sense

of course. My horse is sick and I am deadly worried about him..so I have alot of nervous energy. Typically, I would not do 3 hours of anything in one day. But, thanks, Cathe--that is good advice.

Horse Sense

I have spent so much time at the barn lately! But Echo-Bird is fully recovered: he had viral diarrhea. But, he back to himself now. My exercise has been mucking his stall--LOTS!!:-rollen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.