Curling Bar/Timing

Elena7

Hi Cathe! I'm new to your tapes and just ordered the X-press, MIS, Body Max and PS. WOW! I have never been so satisfied with a tape series before. I was ready to finally join the gym but your tapes are just what I've been looking for all these years! I have never been so motivated to make a change in my body/health after my second baby (19 months). That baby weight in the abs/butt/thighs is a real *stinker*! Also, your web-site and customer service is outstanding! I teach online design courses and you've really found a great way to reach the public to teach and motivate Also excited to find out you're in NJ- I'm about an 1hr NW. Ok- I already have a curling bar and wanted to know if this was ok to use instead of a strait bar? Is there a major difference? Also, if I do X-press or PS series just 1x a week, is that enough to make some serious sculpting changes? I always thought you needed to work muscles 2x's a week? You should add a section or even a link on the site regarding nutrition with advanced exercise. Not sure if I should be eating power bars/protien drinks, etc. THANKS Cathe- Great job!!!

Hi Elena!

I'm glad that you are enjoying the tapes. You sure did pick some tough ones to start out with.

While a curl bar provides some benefits over a straight bar for a few exercises, overall, I would suggest that you invest in a straight bar since you can do all of the exercises with a straight bar but you will be limited with some using the curl bar(mainly concerning having the bar on your back for leg work). Also, you sound very into weight training. Having both a curl bar and a straight bar will provide you with even greater exercise options and ease of movement.

As far as how often to do Xpress or PS series, it really depends on your genetics. One time a week with PS series will definitely provide strength benefits (and for Xpress series it will offer some strength but mostly muscular endurance benefits depending on your past experience with heavy weight lifting)but if you feel that you need more than go ahead and do them a second time per week.

Good luck and congrat's on your little one too.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.